IGNORED

Latvian Scouting.

surreyred

The one issue that has not been commented on, on this forum or the offical site, is any scouting of local "footballing" talant whilst the club were in Latvia.

Have we, per chance, found a good left footed wide player !

Blackpool have had a good size investment from a Latvian business man, and are talking about getting players in from that part of the world.

On the subject of Blackpool, they seem to be doing a lot of business at the moment, could they be the surprise team for next season ?

Clubs that do a lot of business rarely to well, particularly early on, as it takes players time to settle in to any pattern of play and form any sort of bond or team spirit.

I think that's why we'll see the nucleus of GJ's team being the players that were here last year.

I reckon, barring injuries, that around nine or ten of last seasons players will be in the starting eleven against Scunny.

Back Five:Basso,Orr, Carey, Fontaine, Woodman.

Mid:Cotterill, Noble, Skuse, Murray

Up front:Brooker Jevons

The Bench:GK,Showumni, McCombe, Russell, Williams.

That won't be far wrong, take it from me.

For me:Doncaster, Swansea (providing there's no hang over) Huddsfld, Forest, Tranmere & City.

Clubs that do a lot of business rarely to well, particularly early on, as it takes players time to settle in to any pattern of play and form any sort of bond or team spirit.

I think that's why we'll see the nucleus of GJ's team being the players that were here last year.

I reckon, barring injuries, that around nine or ten of last seasons players will be in the starting eleven against Scunny.

Back Five:Basso,Orr, Carey, Fontaine, Woodman.

Mid:Cotterill, Noble, Skuse, Murray

Up front:Brooker Jevons

The Bench:GK,Showumni, McCombe, Russell, Williams.

That won't be far wrong, take it from me.

For me:Doncaster, Swansea (providing there's no hang over) Huddsfld, Forest, Tranmere & City.

I agree, and I've been saying exactly the same thing.

We must have learnt from previous seasons that going out and making transfer after transfer doesn't lead to much success, and in our case, almost always leads to a bad start.

I think the players we've brought in this summer has been key. Personally, I'd still like to see us bring in another wide player, meaning that out of the new signings only the wide player and Jevons/Showumni will start.

With McCombe ready to come in when Fontaine or Carey have to miss out, and Weale coming in during November, it will give us the opportunity to simply ease the new players into the team around what's already here.

I think Johnson has been spot on in the transfer market thus far. However, I just feel we're one wide player short of achieving a really good balance.

Archived