IGNORED

Stewart In Squad

bartolona

What is the thinking behind this? i know Jevo is missing but with Brooks,Showumni,Cotts and Williams we should have enough forwards for the match. :dunno: Maybe he's going in goal for the second half as we don't seem to be taking another goalkeeper to swap with Basso.

I think you can reasonably expect Cotterill to play on the flanks this season & Williams as a sub at best. Therefore I feel our attacking options are still light. Stewart could still have a role to play yet. If not, then I think still need another forward.

Well Stewart isn't coming to us, we just signed Derek Hayles as the old experienced hand up front. Which gives us five strikers competing for two places.

Derek Hayles? Did'nt he play for Charlton & Derby in the 70's/80's. Loads of experience there then, although not much movement!

Showing my age meant Barry of course :whistle:

Derek Barry?

I Think GJ has every intention of getting rid of stewart, GJ's only put

Stewy in the squad to wind up Arny ... :laugh:

Nice one red lam............funny enough had 3 texts 2day saying the same sort of thing.

Anyway lets move on, and c the boys promoted

Showing my age meant Barry of course :whistle:

Nice nurse CG............... :farmer:

• Admin

Same old senorio thou.

All getting excited pre season by beating a nothing side.

Thought we,d learn from that :crying:

Ahh the Exeter scenario all over again.... I was so convinced that evening that we were going to start the season well.... I just hope our lack of "serious" opposition does not haunt us in a few weeks

Ahh the Exeter scenario all over again.... I was so convinced that evening that we were going to start the season well.... I just hope our lack of "serious" opposition does not haunt us in a few weeks

Same here phantom.

I aint getting all excited this year till i see our boys near or top the league after xmas.

Same here phantom.

I aint getting all excited this year till i see our boys near or top the league after xmas.

Same here Arn, What is it now 7/8 seasons we been back in this league. Each one of them seasons was meant to be OUR season and erm were still here.

Going by previous seasons pre seasons results a 6 nil win over constant relegation battlers FGR is nothing to get excited about.

All we got to worry about at the moment is preparing the lads for a very tough first 3 games.

I don't care what pre season results are as long as the players get a good work out.

Ohhh dear, they might try and s### our fans and interbread with Bristolians..........what a thought :crying:

Grass roots football it was but was nice to see Owers and S. Taylor trying to kick them into shape

The main difference last season being that the joke game we had at Exeter was the week before we played Doncaster. Therefore the difference in opposition over the seven day period was massive. At least this season we step up the opposition a liitle bit as we go along with two of our remaining games against League 2 opposition and one against a Championship side. And to be fair, Sunderland played Forest Green on Saturday and beat them 3-0 with their season starting at the same time as ours. Brentford played Bideford (who are a lot lower down the pyramid than Forest Green) last Saturday and there are numerous other examples of sides in our league playing opposition lower than Forest Green recently. It is all about getting the players match fit and gradually upping the ante so that the players are in peak condition for S****horpe which is three weeks away.

Given that Stewart's nowhere near a move to anywhere and still having his wages paid the decision to not even take him to a local friendly seems a bit stupid to me. GJ may as well just pay up his contract if he's not prepared to play him regardless.

• Admin

Given that Stewart's nowhere near a move to anywhere and still having his wages paid the decision to not even take him to a local friendly seems a bit stupid to me. GJ may as well just pay up his contract if he's not prepared to play him regardless.

According to the main site, MS's partner is away and his little boy is ill so he stayed at home to look after him :unsure:

According to the main site, MS's partner is away and his little boy is ill so he stayed at home to look after him :unsure:

Missed that. Seems a somewhat strange reason given that his family are all in Bristol, unless his son is very ill of course.

Archived