IGNORED

Lack Of Goals

Irishred

Well done to the lads on a marvellous run. The run is all the more incredible when you think how few goals we score. The lack of firepower finally caught us today and will pose in more problems in the final high pressure games. Not much we can do at this stage except hope that some of the strikers hit form. Lita perhaps??

Well done to the lads on a marvellous run. The run is all the more incredible when you think how few goals we score. The lack of firepower finally caught us today and will pose in more problems in the final high pressure games. Not much we can do at this stage except hope that some of the strikers hit form. Lita perhaps??
Mr Peacock is after a new contract, Lee, now would be good to start banging Goals in you are the No 9. The whole team (including you ) have worked their asses off on this run, but you need to start scoring mate, as our most experienced striker!!

Don't start me on HIM!

That said, we were winning with Peacock playing.

As I've said before, he's a total donkey and the worst striker we've had in years - but we were winning with him playing.

What I'm annoyed at, is why Roberts came on and not Lita - THAT was the winning combination.

One Team

Guest Red_Alligator

This striker issue is the big one. Luckily midfielders and defenders have chipped in significantly to the great run but it has masked the real shortcoming that we have - a regular goalscorer up front! Peacock has been discussed ad infinitum on this forum - he's not the answer - never has been/will be. We need to get someone in ASAP to keep hopes on track.

Guest rednick_74

in peacocks defence he does work hard for the team, but hes not exactly a prolific scorer, but saying that the whole team need to take their chances when they come their way.

Don't start me on HIM!

That said, we were winning with Peacock playing.

As I've said before, he's a total donkey and the worst striker we've had in years - but we were winning with him playing.

What I'm annoyed at, is why Roberts came on and not Lita - THAT was the winning combination.

One Team

Robbo came on for Wilks, did ok (on the face of it) Leroy didnt replace Lee Miller today, and in fairness to the lad he did ok. Dont really know how we'd break em down, with such a ###### ref!! Could have given 2 penalties against us according to Radio Briz

Leapy had a good game, but not a strikers game...

Whoever said it would end today, how right you were...

Now its time to pay Wycombe back for that 3-0, ending our last run, and we can set another bogey team to rest too.........

Come on you Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds :cool::D:laugh::D

As I've said before, he's a total donkey and the worst striker we've had in years -

Who have you been watching then??? how about Steve Torpey(bless) or "Big" Kev Nugent or Spencer or Piamonte or whatever.

Opinion can be the last bleat of the narrow minded.Think of something positive to say,go on you might like it :cool:

Guest city slicker 71

Wasn't there today had text messages from friends who claim we blew it (and Iv'e no reason to doubt it know their stuff. We all agree though, wonderful run became a bloody millstone around the neck in the end, we will now get into tuesday and stuff that Wycombe all confidence renewed.

Also I will be making extra efforts to get to more away games not least of all for having to endure Radio Bristol with its inbetween asides at vital moments concerning the doings of Arsenal and the other foreign teams. Finally for christ sake Daniel invest in a ghost in the tradition of shadow Williams or G Sharpe to bury these clodhopping buggers. Having said all that I'm proud of the lads and the support sounded absolutely tremendous.

You'll have to excuse this old cus he's had quite a few draught bass.

Regards

We need an experienced striker on loan. There must be someone out there who would be prepared to come to do a Mark Robins job for us.

What about looking at Wayne Allison, I don't think he's starting much at Sheff Utd (I think he's there) at the moment.

I think we should stick with what we've got at the moment. If in a couple of weeks we haven't scored a goal and have lost 3 or 4 then maybe look at someone, but personally the answer is on the bench, Leroy.

Miller was fantastic in the second half today and was unlucky not to have his goal stand. Peacock worked very hard for the side again and could have won us a penalty or two with his strength.

The way Danny is using the forwards at the moment is spot on and Leroy knows that his time will come. Unfortunate it wasn't today, but with a little more patience from him he will turn out to be the 20+ goals a season striker we've been missing since akinbiyi / thorpe.

Lets get behind the team again on tuesday and hopefully collect three more points that'll help us to division one!

We made the chances today and were robbed by a disallowed goal, the cross bar and a couple of fine saves. Can't really blame Miller or Peacock for that.

I was proud to be a city fan today, the support was fantastic, the players were good and I enjoyed it - even if we did lose.

Nothing much wrong with the team in my opinion :cool:

We made the chances today and were robbed by a disallowed goal, the cross bar and a couple of fine saves.  Can't really blame Miller or Peacock for that.

I was proud to be a city fan today, the support was fantastic, the players were good and I enjoyed it - even if we did lose.

Nothing much wrong with the team in my opinion  :cool:

Bloody hell Bob ,great post, :D ,now pass some of that good good stuff onto the doom and gloom boys. :laugh:

Guest blairhater

As has already been said, we have the players in the squad. Personally, i would pair Lita n Miller. Marvin Brown would also feature more in my squad.

We'll be back.

Come on you reds.

Leave it as it is! We were up thur today an we thought the city played

really well in the second half, with a bit more luck we could have been 3-0

up! There`s nothin` wrong with the strikers, they`ll come good soon!

Takin` nothin` away from Wednesday, good luck to um but we were mugged!

Congratulations to Danny and the boys for the fantastic 11 win run, it`s gone

now, let`s get on with winning promotion! UP THE CITY! :D

ps...Congraulations also to the red army....what fantastic support!

We never thought we would see the day when city fans would make more noise

than the home fans at a place like Hillsborough! If we could take that many to

Stockport next week, we would frighten um to death! :clap::D

Archived