IGNORED

Out Of Interest -

southvillekiddy

Dear fellow supporters, please enlighten me. Who was the last player before Steve Phillips to

cross the house, go to the Eastville dogs, sit in the IKEA carpark, twiddle at Twerton, ruminate at the Memorial ................

Lee Matthews on loan? Or had he already moved to Port Vale by then?

Dear fellow supporters, please enlighten me. Who was the last player before Steve Phillips to

cross the house, go to the Eastville dogs, sit in the IKEA carpark, twiddle at Twerton, ruminate at the Memorial ................

What pro footballer or fan like me?

Ive had a pee round all 3 tumps they have played at :D

I can think of a few that have gone the other way, Brian Williams, Trevor Morgan, Keith Curle, Peter Aitken to name but a few, but at the moment I can only think of one player who went from City to Rovers back in the '60's. Trevor Jacobs

Jason Roberts.......what did we have him for? 1 week was it? Then he scored threw a tantrum and ended up shortly after that at Rovers....something like that wasn't it.

Roberts was on loan/trial call it what you like (cant remember who from) & Looked good

However...both He & his club neglected to tell John Ward that he had an international call up lined up right in the middle of his loan spell and so off he goes to play in a Interrnational friendly for ...whoever

JW not impressed with Loaning club or Player for not coming clean and letting him know..

Roberts was on loan/trial call it what you like (cant remember who from) & Looked good

However...both He & his club neglected to tell John Ward that he had an international call up lined up right in the middle of his loan spell and so off he goes to play in a Interrnational friendly for ...whoever

JW not impressed with Loaning club or Player for not coming clean and letting him know..

Think we had him for a month's loan from Wolves, did look good and possibly scored for us? then he 'forgot' to say he was going off to play for Grenada. the next we saw of him was he loaned/signed for the gas. The rest is history!

Think we had him for a month's loan from Wolves, did look good and possibly scored for us? then he 'forgot' to say he was going off to play for Grenada. the next we saw of him was he loaned/signed for the gas. The rest is history!

I remember a cracking goal he scored for us against Oldham live on Sky as we went on to win 2-1 at Boundary Park. My only memory of Roberts as a city player, shame we missed out on a good player their.

I think it was more the case that Roberts wanted to get some first team football, but apart from the game at Oldham where McCarthy was tied, he only came off the bench 10 minutes at a time. So thought sod this and went and played in a tournament for Grenada. That was my understanding of the whole situation, and to be honest I can't really blame him.

I think it was more the case that Roberts wanted to get some first team football, but apart from the game at Oldham where McCarthy was tied, he only came off the bench 10 minutes at a time. So thought sod this and went and played in a tournament for Grenada. That was my understanding of the whole situation, and to be honest I can't really blame him.

Are you sure??

My memory is Roberts scored that goal at Oldham, then played in a home game, then diapppeared with little or no notice to play for Grenada, thereby messing up our run-in.

Hardly the way to impress in a trial/loan period.

I think it was more of a case of City saying sod him than the other way round.

Are you sure??

My memory is Roberts scored that goal at Oldham, then played in a home game, then diapppeared with little or no notice to play for Grenada, thereby messing up our run-in.

Hardly the way to impress in a trial/loan period.

I think it was more of a case of City saying sod him than the other way round.

Yep just looked at a programme and it shows him back on the bench after playing well at Oldham and Fatty McCarthy back in the team. He wasn't guaranteed first team football so left.

Yep just looked at a programme and it shows him back on the bench after playing well at Oldham and Fatty McCarthy back in the team. He wasn't guaranteed first team football so left.

Why should he have been guaranteed first team football, he was a young loan player? :dunno:

Why should he have been guaranteed first team football, he was a young loan player? :dunno:

He might as well sit in the wolves reserves rather than city's. I expect the motivation behind his move was to get regular first team football, and not to sit on the bench. He played really well at Oldham and then was dropped the next game, so left.

I'm not saying he should have been guaranteed it, but he was definately better than McCarthy. And I don't blame him for not wanting to sit on our bench for the last five games of the season.

He might as well sit in the wolves reserves rather than city's. I expect the motivation behind his move was to get regular first team football, and not to sit on the bench. He played really well at Oldham and then was dropped the next game, so left.

I'm not saying he should have been guaranteed it, but he was definately better than McCarthy. And I don't blame him for not wanting to sit on our bench for the last five games of the season.

He wasn't in the reserves, he was in the matchday squad and playing.

He played OK at Oldham and scored a great solo goal, that doesn't mean he could expect to immediately become a regular.

He wasn't going to sit on our bench for the rest of the season - he was getting first team experience and let the Club down badly. I don't know if he asked JW what his position about playing was, he simply upped and went.

There's no excuse whatsoever for doing that.

Archived