IGNORED

Wedlocks On Radio Bristol

tompo

I'll have to hand my MP3 card to some one who knows about these things and let them

do the buisness

failing that I'll post what was said if that will suffice?

Don't know why you bother NTTDS.

First time you post something people don't want to read, they'll criticise! :whistle:

It was a good piece of journalism by Radio Bristol.

Started off with an interview with Dave Hedges, the Supporters Trust Membership Secretary. Dave had applied to Punch Taverns to take over the running initially in a personal capacity. He said how he'd got through the interview but they then turned around and said they'd sell it instead. Dave talked about the history of the Pub and its importance to City fans. Dave said that the fight isn't over yet (reference to a majority decision in the Supporters Trust AGM in May to contest any attempt to convert the Wedlocks).

A neighbour was then interviewed who felt that it should stay as a Pub.

Fred Wedlock then expressed surprise that it hadn't been more successful.

Then George Ferguson who spoke eloquently about the need for communities to maintain their heritage. He implied that the surplus of Punch Tavern pubs (8 in the local area to that pub) may have influenced their willingness to see it stop being used as a pub. He called on the Planning Department to do what the community want them to do and reject the application to convert to flats.

Punch declined to be interviewed. They were asked why they would only sell the property to a buyer who wouldn't use it as a Pub (a restricted covenant). In a written response they avoided answering the question and instead agreed that Dave had applied in May but by then the decision to sell had been made.

• Admin

In a written response they avoided answering the question and instead agreed that Dave had applied in May but by then the decision to sell had been made.

Makes you wonder why they went through with the interview, a waste of "personal" time for everyone involved.

Used that link but could not find anything relating to Wedlocks on there ?!?

You'll need to find the Radio Bristol subsection and it gives you an option to listen to any of the breakfast shows from this week. I think the Wedlocks story came on at about 8:15 so you'll have to trawl through numerous cat stuck up tree type stories I'm afraid.

Used that link but could not find anything relating to Wedlocks on there ?!?

To navigate to the recorded section for this morning, follow the link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/

click on listen again (towards the top right of the page)

Under the heading "breakfast on BBC radio Bristol", click THU

If you fast forward 20 mins, the piece starts at about 00.21.30

think what we need to do is start getting onto punchtaverns and sending some e.mails in protest

just been on there website followed a link to the area that you are intrested in and found this e.mail add

tina.robinson@punchtaverns.com

if we really want wedlocks back open as a pub we gotta take a stand and send emails to let punch taverns know that we want the pub reopened and not sold for flats

You would be better served by emailing Bristol City Council customerservices_ptsd@bristol-city.gov.uk or the Evening post Online Contact form

Pressure on the council to ensure Wedlocks does not become a residential development would be more fruitful than contacting Punch Taverns, who will only be interested in profit, of which they can clearly see the Wedlocks will not provide.

Archived