IGNORED

If The Universe...

Lordofthebling

seriously, this dizzle is freaking me out for shizzle...

If the sun suddenly stops being hot (it might happen) how long would we last?

Or what if a massive meteor starts going round the sun and blocks out its lovely juices coming to us? How long would we last before we went the way of the three dudes in the guiness extra cold ads?

Maybe its really being sucked into a black hole, the space people think its expanding but really its just disappearing.

Really?

Well what happens in a black hole then?! It must go somewhere? Or are we in a black hole now?

seriously, this dizzle is freaking me out for shizzle...

If the sun suddenly stops being hot (it might happen) how long would we last?

Or what if a massive meteor starts going round the sun and blocks out its lovely juices coming to us? How long would we last before we went the way of the three dudes in the guiness extra cold ads?

Not long. The TV man was saying about the effect of solar flares on our habiat the other day and that two new spaceships are being put into space to try to measue what flares are heading for us. I think gave us a few days warning so I guess that is how long the heat from the sun takes to reach us.

Alternatively you could just divide the distance from the sun by the speed of light! :dunno:

I think there's more to worry about than the sun though.

The end is nigh

Not long. The TV man was saying about the effect of solar flares on our habiat the other day and that two new spaceships are being put into space to try to measue what flares are heading for us. I think gave us a few days warning so I guess that is how long the heat from the sun takes to reach us.

Alternatively you could just divide the distance from the sun by the speed of light! :dunno:

I think there's more to worry about than the sun though.

The end is nigh

That is scary man. If the solar flares get bad enough then eventually we will experience Earth Crust Displacement, where the earth's magnetic field will be reversed, and the crust will shift round. The poles (North & South, not Polish people) will end up on the equator and melt, and the rain forest will freeze. The bonus is that the UK may end up near the equator, and we'll turn into a race of chilled out peeps in a Caribbean stylee.

That is scary man. If the solar flares get bad enough then eventually we will experience Earth Crust Displacement, where the earth's magnetic field will be reversed, and the crust will shift round. The poles (North & South, not Polish people) will end up on the equator and melt, and the rain forest will freeze. The bonus is that the UK may end up near the equator, and we'll turn into a race of chilled out peeps in a Caribbean stylee.

ahh, it sounds like someone was paying attention whilst I was dozing.

I'm not too sure where the bad news of this was if England ends up near the equator. Obvioulsy it means that Mr Manc will either have to get air con or stop worrying about sweat patches on his back, Dollymarie will have to get animals without fur, robins72 will have to put up with hotter customers and the doc will have to start liking scrawny goats rather than the plump ones he goes for now.

:Cool27:

Well you'd better get one in case there is an earth crust displacement hadn't you fella.

You don't want to look silly do you.

Fair one. I shall purchase a beanie ASAP.

For the record, I wasn't stoned when I wrote that because I only get stoned at the folllowing times:

Early morning

Early mid-morning

Mid-morning

Middle-late morning

Late morning

Early mid-afternoon

Mid-afternoon

Middle-late afternoon

Late afternoon

Early evening

Early mid-evening

Mid-evening

Middle-late evening

Late evening

But never, ever early afternoon.

..is expanding, what is it expanding into?

Why do you think Eastenders and Hollyoaks were invented? To stop us thinking about stuff like that!!

It's the kind of question that has plagued me for too long. Infinity is a stupid concept for human beings cos our minds have to quantify stuff. I hate science and I refuse to believe it!

Did you see Pauline Fowler the other day? Blimey...

Why do you think Eastenders and Hollyoaks were invented? To stop us thinking about stuff like that!!

It's the kind of question that has plagued me for too long. Infinity is a stupid concept for human beings cos our minds have to quantify stuff. I hate science and I refuse to believe it!

Did you see Pauline Fowler the other day? Blimey...

is she turning into Tango woman, shes bloody orange these days. :yawn:

Oh dear God know, its giving you ideas isnt it!

Now don't panic.....RUN WERE ALL DOOMED!

I don't consider us doomed......... it 'Life Is Finate' if not the universe

The thing to consider is what does this mean to us in the greater scheme of things?

We are born and we know for sure that we die.......... does this mean we stop at death or not?

The thing to consider is what does this mean to us in the greater scheme of things?

We are born and we know for sure that we die.......... does this mean we stop at death or not?

This is deep man.

No we don't stop at death. But that's irrelevant, i plan to live forever... :blink:

Because surely if the expansion of the universe can continue past it's boundaries (the boundaries that it pushes back each time it expands and therefore pushs past into the unseen, unpredicatable the unnnnn) then our life can continue past it's boundaries (death)? And your under

This is deep man.

No we don't stop at death. But that's irrelevant, i plan to live forever... :blink:

You may be in for a shock...... but if it makes you happy to live forever then please do it

I can't see it being much fun if everyone else around you dies though?

Live long and prosper my good friend :)

What we are made of may well last longer than us as entities?

Because surely if the expansion of the universe can continue past it's boundaries (the boundaries that it pushes back each time it expands and therefore pushs past into the unseen, unpredicatable the unnnnn) then our life can continue past it's boundaries (death)? And your under

It would be nice to think that but I don't think we as individual people continue in the sense that we are here and now.

Space and time what a Guy or Gal.

Even the time and space we live in when we are alive is governed by some strange things.

The speed at which you are travelling through space also has some bearing on how you/we perceive the passing of time.

You may be in for a shock...... but if it makes you happy to live forever then please do it

I can't see it being much fun if everyone else around you dies though?

Live long and prosper my good friend :)

What we are made of may well last longer than us as entities?

You're very right, it would be depressing, and id probably get bored after a very short while

And I don't have a very good attentio....

Mmmmm....Cider

Interesting concept...

So as the Universe expands, so does our knowledge. Because of technical advances, we are living longer and longer. Maybe we will be living for 200 years in thousand years time.

Maybe we are expanding the Universe? As the average age goes up, the Universe grows?

Wow, I am under.

Surely it's impossible for the human mind to comprehend the boundaries of the universe and the concept of infinity??

Our brains deal in space and time, they can't compute eternity and ideas of endlessness.

Problem is, the universe can't be quantified, because if it has an end, it must be contained within something else.

Just because we used to think the world was flat, and that the heavens were in the clouds, it doesn't mean we can know everything.

Best not to think about it!

Surely it's impossible for the human mind to comprehend the boundaries of the universe and the concept of infinity??

Our brains deal in space and time, they can't compute eternity and ideas of endlessness.

Problem is, the universe can't be quantified, because if it has an end, it must be contained within something else.

Just because we used to think the world was flat, and that the heavens were in the clouds, it doesn't mean we can know everything.

Best not to think about it!

Yeah, you're right.

It's almost fair game to postulate anything where the universe is concerned. I for my part believe the the universe is expanding into very watery custard. How else can we explain why the universe isn't expanding even faster? Is it slow or fast? The big question is, will the universe keep expanding into infinity or will it pull back in on itself? Then there's the possiblity that there could be many universes and then dimensions etc. It's just not cricket is it?

The only thing that muddles my brain more than that is the philosophy of Kant and his concept of the noumenal.

Archived