IGNORED

Wiltshire Is Not A Winger !

Cardy

Just got back and enjoyed the experience & day-not the result. Our fans were amazing, haven't seen a following like that for years, and the noise immense.

It was obvious that SW were well up for the game and they ran around like terriers in midfield, in fairness we matched them for work rate and in many ways the two teams cancelled each other out.

What was dissappointing was how few chances we created for the strikers-theres no point blaming Peacock for not scoring, blinking Shearer and Henry wouldn't have scored today with that service. We were playing a team without 8 first team regulars and yet we didn't look the better side.

My point is that for 3 or 4 games now Wilson has gone back to playing Wiltshire on the wing and he is NOT a winger. Why oh why did he not play Roberts or Goody from the start. That pitch was massive and was crying out for pace and width.

If we are going to test teams and push them back we have to attack from both flanks, today we played with 3 central midfielders and a left winger- thats not good enough tactics for me. I am not slagging Wilshire off here, its not his fault but what the hell is Wilson thinking ?

My other big concerns relate to the full backs. Carey just aint got it any more-no pace and caught out of position far too often. Who is our reserve right back ? Do we have one ? On the left Woodman is not ready for first team, no way. He didn't cut it against Brentford a couple of weeks ago and again today he looked a bag of nerves and seemed to want too long on the ball. I hope Mattys going to be ok, if not it has to be Bell.

Anyway finishing on a positive, it was good to see the players so gutted at the end and nice that the fans seemed to acknowledge the effort put in.

What a big game now on Tuesday night. We have to win and we have to create more than we did today.

Yeah but be fair to Carey, Wilkshire wasn't playin wide and he was pickin up the overlap all the time, yet still gettin back and makin tackles.

Same with Woodman in the second half, Brown disappeared into central midfield leaving him as Full Back and covering the overlap on the left!!!

Guest Red_Rat

I do not see why Marc Goodfellow was dropped in the first place

Danny has a reluctance to keep Wilkshire in the team,clearly he's no match for Doherty's tenacity and Tin-mans Passing,so he's put on the Wing

No pace!! A winger is usually defined as someone who can Run at players at pace,and cross the ball into the box.

He does none of this.

Bring back Goodfellow!!

We lost the game as soon as wilkshire went off today. A winger he is most definately not, however he was the only player creating anything. Tinnion although great was absolute cack today, Doherty became a shadow after his booking, he was still good but nowhere near as effective after his booking.

We were crying out for a winger from about 10 minuites into the game, i could see it but willson could not, then 50 odd minuites later he had the great idea of bringing on robbo for our only creative player on the pitch. Willson gave wednesday far, far too much respect today.

We lost the game as soon as wilkshire went off today.  A winger he is most definately not, however he was the only player creating anything.  Tinnion although great was absolute cack today, Doherty became a shadow after his booking, he was still good but nowhere near as effective after his booking.

We were crying out for a winger from about 10 minuites into the game, i could see it but willson could not, then 50 odd minuites later he had the great idea of bringing on robbo for our only creative player on the pitch.  Willson gave wednesday far, far too much respect today.

Sorry got to disagree - Wilks was not playing particularly well mostly because out of position.

Roberts did not look like a good sub and Tommy was breaking down most of their play in the middle of the park.

yes I would have put Goodfellow on instead of Wilks or Brown

Respect for Weds??? I thought they battled really well and missed a couple of absolute sitters so we were lucky not to be a goal down anyway

Taking wilks as a right winger, he was not terribly effective, but he seemed the only one offering any through balls, or any kind of chances, dohertys passing was not as good as normal, his through balls were just not coming off today.

Although i like robbo, i just don't think today was the game for him, Weds were not leaving the sort of space in behind them that Robbo loves and i agree that Freezer would have been a better choice for the game.

Doherty was still trying to break down their play a did well considering he was being careful, but Burnell i think would have been more effective, simply because he would not have the booking over his head.

We did not close wednesday down at all, we sat off them and allowed them to play, it is exactly the same way i would expect us to play against a team far better than us, not one worse than us, they battled well when we had the ball, but when they had the ball nobody bar doherty was pressing them at all.

What was the point of buying Goodfellow?  :D
Panic and Wilkshire being away for January, unfortunately it took 2/3 weeks to sort and was too little too late. We still need a right winger.

When Roberts came on he ran across to shout an instruction to Brown. Obviously I didn't hear it, however, appeared that the instruction was for Aaron to come inside. The reason for this? Wednesday were playing without width and therefore were comfortably outnumbering us in central midfield (although still felt we won theis 60/40 even with Tins seeming to hold back.

When Roberts came on he ran across to shout an instruction to Brown. Obviously I didn't hear it, however, appeared that the instruction was for Aaron to come inside. The reason for this? Wednesday were playing without width and therefore were comfortably outnumbering us in central midfield (although still felt we won theis 60/40 even with Tins seeming to hold back.

I thought Brown coming inside did is far more harm than good to be honest, it just meant that Woody ended up being just as isolated as Carey was for the whole game, and weds ran him ragged down the left after robbo came on. I thought weds were playing with width, but they saw our weakness early on, they knew that the couldn't get past Hill and gave up going down the left and just poured down the right with cooke who with support from chambers gave Carey no hope really.

I thought Brown coming inside did is far more harm than good to be honest, it just meant that Woody ended up being just as isolated as Carey was for the whole game, and weds ran him ragged down the left after robbo came on.  I thought weds were playing with width, but they saw our weakness early on, they knew that the couldn't get past Hill and gave up going down the left and just poured down the right with cooke who with support from chambers gave Carey no hope really.
Yes, agreed, felt we needed width on both sides to stretch them, we didn't really do this and we played with a lack of pace and invention. Great pity as they were there for the taking.

Archived