IGNORED

Should I Have Said Something?

BristolCity1992

OK was at work today, going about my business wasting time as it was like last 10 minutes of my shift.

I notice some kid crying and being pushed along by his mum who is getting angry over something that I could not make out, I think nothing of it as this is quite common, however, I glance up and I see the mother hit this 2 year old straight across the face.

I remember starting a thread a while back that started up a interesting debate about if we should smack children on the bottom if they were naughty, not everyone agreed but I think everyone agreed that smacking a kid in the face was out of line.

I just watched the baby sit there stunned and then it burst out crying, the mum did seem sorry, but I don't know, I almost went mad and burst over there to confront her but I regained my composure and I went in the back up to relive my anger.

Did I do the right thing?

Maybe I should have reported her or something I don't know but she could have done it by accident I suppose, she just kind of flipped.

Madness anyway and what would you lot have done if put in a similar position?

It's hard to say. That is shocking behaviour. I have a nearly 3 year old and I've never raised my hand to her at all. What can you do? If she seemed sorry, she probably knew she done wrong. I don't know is my very unhelpful answer.

Archived