IGNORED

Dr's Notes Upset Patient

Maesknoll Red

although I would like to meet a rich one to look after me.''

So you can have even more than £22k a year?

Sandy, who has a three-year-old granddaughter whose name she cannot remember,

Why does that not really surprise me? She says she's not a bad mother but she can't even remember the name of her grand-daughter - and she's had 3 years to learn it!!!!!

I think the Dr's notes were spot on. 6 kids from 5 different fathers? To put it bluntly the term "slag" wouldn't be to harsh a label.

Reminds me of the customers I encountered while working in BEdminster. I remember the time when the £20 notes were changed and they were calling in the old notes. The amount of money that passed the counters over a two month period was tremendous!! Most of the people in that area had money but hid it under their matresses. I would say that alot of them also had young children and were teenages themselves a feat that followed as their mums looked very young too! A sad state of affairs and it just goes to show that the education system is partly to blame for not educating children into safe sex and how to cope with life after education. It appears so much in council estates where it seems the norm is to have children at an early age. I'm not saying this happens to everyone who lives in a council estate but from my experiences in the bank I have seen this. Sad really.

i hate this sterotype of teenage mums not being able to look after their kids.

my mum was 17 when she had me, and i wouldn't swap her for anything else in the world, she had the support from my grandparents and the rest of the family and herself and my dad worked damn hard to give me a decent up bringing.

However, women like this bird here keep that sterotype around, and it p155es me off.

my mum was 17 when she had me, and i wouldn't swap her for anything else in the world, she had the support from my grandparents and the rest of the family and herself and my dad worked damn hard to give me a decent up bringing.

However, women like this bird here keep that sterotype around, and it p155es me off.

Hard for us to say cos we don't know her.

Your mum had a lot of support dunno if this bird did or not.

Hope the kiddies lives don't just go to the dogs. Let's hope they don't have the added burden of becoming Gasheads!

I think most people would realise that there's a world of difference between a girl who gets pregnant young and decides to brave it and bring up her child well instead of having an abortion, and one who's stupid enough to pregnant by a different bloke at every opportunity.

I know two women that had a child under 20 and worked extremely hard to bring them up well on their own and I've got a lot of respect for that, it isn't easy and it's a big sacrifice.

The doctor is right that the dopey cow in the story should be sterilised though. And preferably given a swift punch in the mouth too.

Okayyyyyyyyyy...

:blink:

Are you going to administer her punishment Nibor?? :whistle:

Was supposed to be a joke Mozo, as you know.

But anyway, to skip the next couple of obvious points, I don't think I need to know her personally to know that she's a complete moron who's more than deserving of it.

Let's face it, 6 kids by five different fathers most of whom ended up in care, without managing to learn to use contraception, combined with her utterly idiotic quotes in the interview all make the doctor's assessment bang on.

Was supposed to be a joke Mozo, as you know.

But anyway, to skip the next couple of obvious points, I don't think I need to know her personally to know that she's a complete moron who's more than deserving of it.

Let's face it, 6 kids by five different fathers most of whom ended up in care, without managing to learn to use contraception, combined with her utterly idiotic quotes in the interview all make the doctor's assessment bang on.

Even if that's the case, some of the quotes of what he wrote had a lack of tact and he could land himself in trouble. What a pair - maybe they should get it on.

Even if that's the case, some of the quotes of what he wrote had a lack of tact and he could land himself in trouble. What a pair - maybe they should get it on.

Tact is overrated, what he wrote was completely accurate.

Perhaps if our overly PC public sector allowed people like this doctor with common sense to communicate it to people without it we wouldn't have the problem in the first place. It'll never happen though because it might offend her, and clearly that's more important than the fact that she's a walking social disaster and STD statistic waiting to happen.

Tact is overrated, what he wrote was completely accurate.

Perhaps if our overly PC public sector allowed people like this doctor with common sense to communicate it to people without it we wouldn't have the problem in the first place. It'll never happen though because it might offend her, and clearly that's more important than the fact that she's a walking social disaster and STD statistic waiting to happen.

Well technically she didn't 'haunt' him, did she? She attended his practice regularly.

In any kind of customer service/client role in which records of all notes made are available on request, you have to make the notes factual but impersonal. The doc here was self-indulging.

Tact may be overrated, but procedure dictates.

Well technically she didn't 'haunt' him, did she? She attended his practice regularly.

In any kind of customer service/client role in which records of all notes made are available on request, you have to make the notes factual but impersonal. The doc here was self-indulging.

Tact may be overrated, but procedure dictates.

Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly. - David Brent!

A GP isn't a customer service job, he was self indulgent perhaps but what he wrote was accurate and very clear to whoever picked up her notes to deal with her next pregnancy.

What gets me is the woman's stupid enough to take it to the papers - I mean surely it would cross her mind that he had a point?

Unfortunately these scutters know that they have a nice safety net, and can procreate gleefully. Their benighted offspring are dragged up, and so the whole sad cycle begins again.

I have always been in favour of welfare provision (old Labour), but something a bit more Draconian needs to be initiated to prevent this country festering past redemption. Unfortunately the Pandora`s Box has been opened, and I cannot see anyone with the will to carry it through.

Time more people told it as it is Mozo, too much lookin the other way, and evasion of responsibility, your ancestral homeland don't tolerate this kinda thing either

Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly. - David Brent!

A GP isn't a customer service job, he was self indulgent perhaps but what he wrote was accurate and very clear to whoever picked up her notes to deal with her next pregnancy.

What gets me is the woman's stupid enough to take it to the papers - I mean surely it would cross her mind that he had a point?

A gp's job has a lot to do with customer relations. People need to be made to feel welcome when attending the doctors and the vast majority of their appointments are made up by people whose illnesses maybe more mental than physical.

However this wasn't the GP. This was written by the obstetrician and they don't normally see the patients that regularily. In this case it looks like it was a 9 monthly attendance.

Good on him I say. Some people need to be told it straight.

Not that I'm jealous that she takes home £22,500 and only has to look after 2 of the children.

When I worked for a Social Services day Nursery it was part of my job to take the children I had in my care to see the nursery doctor for examinations, check ups etc. She was very imaptient and blunt.

After hearing what I had to say about the childs developmental problems she would write TAB all over the child's medical notes. This warned anyone else who read the notes that the child concerned was 'Thick As (a) Brick'!!!

Blunt and to the point maybe but she wasn't far from the truth either!

Surely thats not the kids fault though, they didnt ask to be brought up by inadequate parents, so the start they had in life wasnt down to them.

Very true but the sad fact is that because of their inadequate parents they will probably grow up to be the same.

Some of the other abbreviations to be found on doctor's notes in hospitals...

CTD Circling The Drain.

DAAD Dead As A Doornail.

FDGB Fall Down Go Boom.

FLP Funny Looking Parents.

FLK Funny Looking Kid.

FTD Fixing To Die.

FTF Failure To Fly.

FTW Friggin Train Wreck. (Patient with multiple problems)

GFPO Good For Parts Only.

GLM Good Looking Mum.

MFC Measure For Coffin.

NFS Normal For Swindon.

O2T Oxygen Thief.

PITA Pain In The A**.

SWAG Scientific, wild-A** Guess.

TTGA Told To Go Away.

Can I just ask - if we discovered that this woman, this terrible mother, had herself suffered an awful childhood and her behaviour was obviously influenced by that...would we not feel bad that she suffers name-calling from her own doctor?

Secondly, shouldn't the doctor have realised that the notes could be requested at any time by his patient and moderated what he wrote for the simple selfish reason that it could land him in trouble?

Thirdly, for all we know the doctor himself could be a terrible parent/citizen. Be careful who you side with.

(Saying all that, I'm not particularly fussed by it :D )

Can I just ask - if we discovered that this woman, this terrible mother, had herself suffered an awful childhood and her behaviour was obviously influenced by that...would we not feel bad that she suffers name-calling from her own doctor?

Nope. Even if she started from complete ignorance she'd have learnt by the second or third time? She just doesn't care about the consequences of her actions. People like that are exactly what the doctor described her as - social disasters.

It all comes down to taking responsibility. I know people who've had just about the worst starting hand you can in life and have still come out of it well balanced, happy and successful. You make your choices, or you blame them on other people... I know which group she's in.

Secondly, shouldn't the doctor have realised that the notes could be requested at any time by his patient and moderated what he wrote for the simple selfish reason that it could land him in trouble?

Perhaps he was near to retirement and pissed off with having to spend his days dealing with people like the woman in the article.

Thirdly, for all we know the doctor himself could be a terrible parent/citizen. Be careful who you side with.

He could be Fred West and his comments would still be 100% accurate.

These days people have more information than ever before, and cannot put down their ignorance to the fact that they were under privileged.

Is there any wonder that the Government is turning us into a nanny state, telling us what to do, eat, drink etc. when it's obvious that there are large numbers of people who cannot do the right thing for themselves.

It we want to let people have the choice to have multiple kids, take drugs, smoke etc that's fine. Just don't follow behind them picking up the pieces and bailing them out with my tax money, while schools and hospitals go without.

We have spent 40 years given people increasing rights, but seem to have forgotten to give them the responsibilities that go with it.

Archived