IGNORED

What Famous People Have You Not Met?

City Rocker

Just reading the excellent Least Embarrassing Moment thread got me a-thinkin...

Several months ago now, I decided NOT to attand a Happy Mondays gig at the Birmingham Carling Academy, and as a result I completely failed to bump into their legendary chemicalled-off-his-tits frontman Shaun Ryder, or his similarly mullered dancing sidekick Bez, at the aftershow.

On another occasion back in 1991, I was unable to make it to a recording of Radio 4's hilarious panel game Just A Minute and did not therefore have a chance encounter with humerous tunesmith Richard Stilgoe.

I wonder whether any other forum members haven't met any famous people at events they didn't go to?

I didn't go to the open day last year and as a result managed to fail miserably in my attempt to meet the legendary Rob Elstob.

That's one of the saddest things i've ever heard. :crying:

But don't despair, the Master Tactician and Future City Overlord that is :chant6ez: ELSTOB :chant6ez: is due to make another appearance this year. :w00t:

Obviously, the couple of hundred thousand advance tickets were snapped up by Elstob Fanatics in under 12 seconds, but i hear another 100,000 have been made available on police advice, on a first come first served basis on a special hotline.

Good luck - apparently 42 million Elstob Maniacs are expected to be competing for them, but you DO have a slim hope of Meeting the Master. :pray: :notworthy:

If not, just join in the standing ovation from anywhere in the World which will commence on the 27th and will cascade from all directions to the City ground, and seems certain to beat last year's 9 day record. :clap::clap::clap:

Apparently that day the last man standing and clapping The Great One :notworthy: , through torrents of adoring tears, was none other than Colin Sextone. :crying::o:city:

That's one of the saddest things i've ever heard. :crying:

But don't despair, the Master Tactician and Future City Overlord that is :chant6ez: ELSTOB :chant6ez: is due to make another appearance this year. :w00t:

Obviously, the couple of hundred thousand advance tickets were snapped up by Elstob Fanatics in under 12 seconds, but i hear another 100,000 have been made available on police advice, on a first come first served basis on a special hotline.

Good luck - apparently 42 million Elstob Maniacs are expected to be competing for them, but you DO have a slim hope of Meeting the Master. :pray: :notworthy:

If not, just join in the standing ovation from anywhere in the World which will commence on the 27th and will cascade from all directions to the City ground, and seems certain to beat last year's 9 day record. :clap::clap::clap:

Apparently that day the last man standing and clapping The Great One :notworthy: , through torrents of adoring tears, was none other than Colin Sextone. :crying::o:city:

I hear he has close links with Trev, at least he did before the raffenapping :ph34r:

Archived