IGNORED

Disco Or Prom

dagest

When exactly did school discos suddenly become replaced by proms?

I've heard two people recently complaining about having to fork out cash to buy their sons tuxes for the school prom. Wtf?

Who ****in' decided/suggested that we need to copy the Americans again?

I've heard two people recently complaining about having to fork out cash to buy their sons tuxes for the school prom. Wtf?

I refused to go to the one's at University. Didn't go to varsity day either whatever that is.

Ironically the only school disco are at nightclubs now, with less sex, drugs and debauchery than they did when we were kids :whistle:

Anyway, I'm off to post on the soccer forum...

When did all this 'cool' Americanised BS get thrust upon us 'guys'? What.... probably kicked of through Elvis and the explosion of the mass media around the mid 50's?

Pees I off two dagest, pees I off two.

Bottom/Young Ones/Men Behaving Badly/Only Fools and Horses over Friends every single day of the week. I mean Oh! My! God!

Did give us Simpsons though......hmm....

Why is it that a group of collectively relatively young men have the attitudes of grumpy old and cynical men?

Hmm we had both, disco's every year, then a prom at the end.

If i wanted to dress up and act like an idiot i'd go down the gate.

Oh...

Tomaaaahtoes, not tomaytoes. Swamp Donkeys.

Hate to say it but they may have this one right.

We pronounce them potaytoes so should also use tomaytoes too.

I wouldn't get too hung up about them having a different language- our language has changed a great deal since 1783- is it a surprise that theirs has developed slightly differently? Not really.

However, school prom!?! What is that all about?

When I left school we had a vote on what our leaving party should be. Thankfully almost everyone agreed.

Rather than all spending loads on dressing stupid and sitting next to two people on a table all night before dancing with one of them- we decided to put up a huge marquee in a field near school- wear what we liked and just have a huge bash where we could move around and talk to everyone (best thing to do when you may never see a lot of those people again). It has to have been the best night out I've ever had. All my mates, music most people liked, lots of booze and I even managed to finally pull the girl that I'd been getting close to for months (but failed to do anything about).

Ahhh, back in the day.

Archived