IGNORED

Penannt To Liverpool

Harvey_BCFC

very good signing i reckon. His attitude has always been the biggest problem in his career. On the pitch i think he is a lot better then a lot of people think. am i right in saying he had the most assits in the premeirship last season. if not he was somewhere at the top. great signing by liverpool.

Very good player, very big ####. Absolute pond scum who if the legal system was any cop should be in jail.

Him and Bellamy at the same club, nightlife should be fun. Wanna do a sweepstake as to who ends up in jail first? Bellamy's got a court case pending but Pennant is stupid enough to do something by then.

Crap signing number two this summer by Benitez.

If they truly want to challenge Chelsea, Liverpool need to be buying players of the highest calibre to match their world class central midfield. Bellamy and Pennant will not push them on further than the battle for 3rd-5th place.

very good signing i reckon. His attitude has always been the biggest problem in his career. On the pitch i think he is a lot better then a lot of people think. am i right in saying he had the most assits in the premeirship last season. if not he was somewhere at the top. great signing by liverpool.

You're half right, he had the most crosses into the box (497.) His crossing mixed with Crouch's arial ability could prove deadly.

Crap signing number two this summer by Benitez.

If they truly want to challenge Chelsea, Liverpool need to be buying players of the highest calibre to match their world class central midfield. Bellamy and Pennant will not push them on further than the battle for 3rd-5th place.

I think your being a bit harsh. I'm not sure on Pennant and £6.5mil seems a bit pricy (esp. compared to £6 mil for Bellamy) but i think Bellamy is decent signing. Scored a fair amount of goals in a Blackburn team with only one real, consistent creative player (MGP,) and that goal away at Portsmounth last season? Oooh.

Anyway, if supporting City will have taught you anything, it's to reserve judgement, which is what i will do for now.

On a side issue, Pennant is a bit of a scum-bag.

I think your being a bit harsh. I'm not sure on Pennant and £6.5mil seems a bit pricy (esp. compared to £6 mil for Bellamy) but i think Bellamy is decent signing. Scored a fair amount of goals in a Blackburn team with only one real, consistent creative player (MGP,) and that goal away at Portsmounth last season? Oooh.

Anyway, if supporting City will have taught you anything, it's to reserve judgement, which is what i will do for now.

On a side issue, Pennant is a bit of a scum-bag.

Pennant is a scumbag and Bellamy is almost as bad.

The thing is, I'm not saying either is a bad player. They're both good to very good.

But Liverpool have a squad full of good to very good players and a couple of world class ones. To push on from their perennial 3rd to 5th position they need to add a couple more world class players not 4 or 5 more good ones.

They've been doing the same thing for a long time, I thought when Alonso was signed it signalled a change but obviously not.

I guarantee that unless they bring in a couple of players of the highest quality both Chelski and ManUre will finish above them and they will just be fighting with Arsenal and Tottenham for third.

Pennant is a scumbag and Bellamy is almost as bad.

The thing is, I'm not saying either is a bad player. They're both good to very good.

But Liverpool have a squad full of good to very good players and a couple of world class ones. To push on from their perennial 3rd to 5th position they need to add a couple more world class players not 4 or 5 more good ones.

They've been doing the same thing for a long time, I thought when Alonso was signed it signalled a change but obviously not.

I guarantee that unless they bring in a couple of players of the highest quality both Chelski and ManUre will finish above them and they will just be fighting with Arsenal and Tottenham for third.

I think that's a fair point, but you always have to remember as well that the odd good to very good players occasionally becomes a world class player.

Who'd have thought at the start of last season that Michael Carrick would be classed as a world class player by the end of the season? Pretty much everyone now thinks he's the dog bits, including Alex Ferguson - and that wasn't spotted before.

There's still time for Pennant; he could well progress into that same category - he has got the potential, it's whether he has the attitude.

On a side note, I've never met Jermaine, so I'll reserve judgement on his character...! :yawn:

Wasn't Pennant involved in the first infamous town issue with Fortune?

Yes.

Him, Fortune and Lita are often out and about together in Bristol. Obviously they don't drink, and they don't end up getting into any sort of trouble, and none of them has managed to get lost on the way back to Birmingham and end up half way to London...

He has just signed a four year deal. He can cut it at Premiership level easily IMO. He showed this by doing well even with a team who were shit and eventually got relegated.

With the right guidance from Rafa, and the right players around him he could be moulded into a great player.

Link From Official Site

A lot of money when they should/could have got Duff for £5million.

I think Bellamy will prove to be a far better signing

Archived