IGNORED

Midfield Hard Man

everreddy

...just released by Wolves.

Could be the solution to trhe tough tackling midfielder we need. He's also good at setting up and supporting attack.

Seems he's looking for a playing/coaching role.

Could be just the experienced player we need, to drive midfield forward as well as break up opposing attacks.

And..could do the job that Gerry Gow and Norman Hunter did for us (for all those that remember!)

Main question would be: could Gary and Incey be lobbing hand grenades at each other?

Any thoughts?

It's a fallicy that we need a tough tackling midfielder.

Just because our midfielders don't get sent off, or booked every game it doesn't mean they don't tackle.

So, so many reasons that even if we did need one Ince wouldn't be that one.

I wouldn't like to see him in a city shirt as he's in the top 5 of players I most detest, whinging git!

However, I did think when we played the other night that we lacked a bit of bite in the midfield. I'm all for good football, with a bit of style and flair but haven't quite got the right player there yet, and he isn't Paul Ince.

Could be the solution to trhe tough tackling midfielder we need. He's also good at setting up and supporting attack.

Could be just the experienced player we need, to drive midfield forward as well as break up opposing attacks.

And..could do the job that Gerry Gow and Norman Hunter did for us (for all those that remember!)

Main question would be: could Gary and Incey be lobbing hand grenades at each other?

Any thoughts?

Your suggestion goes against everything Johnson is about, he wouldnt want a 'has been' big time Charlie down here picking up stupid wages, Johnson wants hungry young footballers with something to prove.

Just because our midfielders don't get sent off, or booked every game it doesn't mean they don't tackle.

Amen.

Skuse, Noble and Russell cover a lot of ground and get back behind the ball quickly, forcing the opposition into making distribution errors because they have less time.

They can all make tackles when they need to, they just don't need to as often, and they don't pick up bookings as much because they're not trying to make desparate last ditch tackles.

Your suggestion goes against everything Johnson is about, he wouldnt want a 'has been' big time Charlie down here picking up stupid wages, Johnson wants hungry young footballers with something to prove.

Seend's just up the road from Holt. Wotch out I don't come over there with a midfield cruncher!!!

Any thoughts?

Sorry to disagree with the other posters but I think he would be a great signing for a third division club, which is what we are !

He has experience and has played at the highest level - could bring on our youngsters and add some bite to our rather cosmetic midfield.

There is a place for players like him in our division !!

I think Rod12's right in his own little way.

There is a place for players like him in our division. Ince is a good championship player so i'd assume he'd be ok here.

Absolutely not what we're looking for though. Wages, age, position is not what we're looking for or need.

Doncaster or Swansea are stupid enough to sign him.

Nonsense.

To old.

To expensive.

And Johno thinks MS is a big time Charlie, what would he make of Ince :D

We've cleared out all the bigheads & wasters and for the first time in ages we look like we have a team as opposed to a collection of individuals that bottle it when push comes to shove.

No thanks.

Yep, Steve Bull was caught on Talksport last night suggesting the very same thing (he was being interviewed about being made Club President at Wolves).

Combine him with Wise and at a push Poyet and it would be quite a midfield to see at Division 4 standard!!!! They may not have the legs to play all together very often if at all, but shit me I would never have had that midfield tagged in May this year!!

Wise is old friends with him, so I don't think we'd have the issue with hie ego etc and he's looking for coaching experience to get into Management.

Still, I think he'll go to a Championship or League 1 team whn push comes to shove.

Archived