IGNORED

Guns N Roses

The Batman

saw them in Nottingham last night, (i have no idea how i got back to Wolves this morning)

they were really really good, their new stuff was ok, they played all the oldies (welcome to the jungle, sweet child of mine, november rain) and it was sheer class. and it was good to see Izzy Stradlin come on stage for a few songs. I honestly wern't expecting much after them getting bottled off stage at Newcastle and booed off at Download. (Cousin went to both and told me)

only problem was, was that people were booing him to start with because it took them so long to come on stage, i know about audience anticipation and keeping them aggitated, but 2 and a quarter hours is a bit extreme. But the performance was class and worth the wait.

If there is to be a Velvet Revolver vs Guns N Roses rivalry in the next few years, it will lead to some real good music. I don't think either of the bands have lost their talent.

It just goes to show how good the old line up was. If they got back together, they'd be the biggest band in the world, but it will never happen, shame. :Music10:

they took about 2 1/2 hours to come on stage when i went to see them at wembley in '91 but they were worth it. was there much difference not having having slash on guitars?

i could tell that it wernt Slash playing the guitar, but i aint doubting their abilities (at one time there were 3 lead guitarists on stage) and they rotated the solo's. So do they really need 3 lead guitarists to make up one man?

yeah he is that good if you have seen him live then u understand

amen to that.

i saw Velvet Revolver last year, and they did It's So Easy and Mr Brownstone, (both were played last night), it sounded so much better than that gig than last night, but Axl sung them better than Scott.

Saw them at milton keynes national bowl in 93 and they done a lot of acoustic stuff. November rain acoustic bought a tear to the eye. Luckily gilby clark hurt his wrist and couldnt play so Izzy Stradlin Done the whole set.

They also done patience with imagine by john lennon added into the song. Absolute quality

I saw Guns 2 Roses at the Reckless Engineer a few weeks ago. They were as good a cover band as you could hope to see and entry was only about £5. :Music10:

The most memorable moments were thanks to a ratarsed Russian prostitite (well, she was foreign and had a crew cut) who couldnt stand up for more than 10 seconds, another drunk who invaded the stage before being thrown out, and an ageing trampy looking bloke who was dancing outside the windows.

The Reckless also does a cracking pint of Otter :Party12:

saw them in Nottingham last night, (i have no idea how i got back to Wolves this morning)

they were really really good, their new stuff was ok, they played all the oldies (welcome to the jungle, sweet child of mine, november rain) and it was sheer class. and it was good to see Izzy Stradlin come on stage for a few songs. I honestly wern't expecting much after them getting bottled off stage at Newcastle and booed off at Download. (Cousin went to both and told me)

only problem was, was that people were booing him to start with because it took them so long to come on stage, i know about audience anticipation and keeping them aggitated, but 2 and a quarter hours is a bit extreme. But the performance was class and worth the wait.

If there is to be a Velvet Revolver vs Guns N Roses rivalry in the next few years, it will lead to some real good music. I don't think either of the bands have lost their talent.

It just goes to show how good the old line up was. If they got back together, they'd be the biggest band in the world, but it will never happen, shame. :Music10:

the stuff at Download wasn't that simple. The aggro came when Axl threw a temper tantrum and walked off stage about 5-6 times, leaving the rest on stage to cover for him with solos. He got arsey with a security guy and with his fellow band members. Fair bit of booing and bottled but once Axl returned to stage and stayed there they played a brilliant set (Izzy was there for a lot of songs too). The new stuff sounded really good and the whole show was superb. By the end they were applauded off with most people really happy.

the stuff at Download wasn't that simple. The aggro came when Axl threw a temper tantrum and walked off stage about 5-6 times, leaving the rest on stage to cover for him with solos. He got arsey with a security guy and with his fellow band members. Fair bit of booing and bottled but once Axl returned to stage and stayed there they played a brilliant set (Izzy was there for a lot of songs too). The new stuff sounded really good and the whole show was superb. By the end they were applauded off with most people really happy.

fair enough mate, it's just what i was told.

they had massive cheer when they finished last night, Paradise City is such a class song to end a set with.

yeah he is that good if you have seen him live then u understand

Here here!!! However that tit W Axel says Slash aint a good guitarist too. VR kick the Axel Rose Backin Bands @ss big time

saw em twice, and at download 05

Yeh When They Played And Didn't Storm Off At Download They Were Great.

Archived