IGNORED

Tape To Mp3

dagest

Not at all Sir.

Connect your stereo/cassette player up to your sound card with a 3 1/2 lead from headphones socket to the line in on your Sound Card, turn the sound right down to not blow your sound card into next door's front room, and you should be able to record to any piece of software. Something like Audio Cleaning Labs should do this and also remove Tape hiss.

Hope that helps?

You can play mp3 through tape with one of them car tape thingys, that connects to your mp3 player so if you've got a car tape thingy in a two disk tape player, one with a recorder, you could put all your mp3's on to tape... Is that what you're hoping for, cos I don't think that that's progress. If you've got an all in one stereo just press play and if you've got one of the digital leads wont it all record it onto mp3?

Funnily enough, in this months Q magazine, theres a little piece about how to do this. It gives the websites to download the right software for free and some handy little tips about getting rid of hiss etc. I suggest giving it a read.

Normally this would mean doing a sample of the 'hiss' or background noise and applying this as a noise filter

It might sound a bit complicated to those that don't know but it is simple enough if you have half an ounce of sense :) .............. me I have become an expert........ but it does mean knowing what to save as a noise print......... but then it is not complicated for someone that wants to learn

LP's save rumble noise at the start of an Lp or hiss on a tape.... but be careful on just how much noise reduction you apply to a track..... it's all about trade off of unwanted noise verses track or 'noise' you want to keep, as in sound information

Archived