IGNORED

How Hard Is It To Get Scouted?

Guest :^)bcfcjake

I doubt Wayne Rooney had many problems, I s'pose if you're regularly playing on the local youth scene and you have enough talent your reputation will travel and you'll get watched and maybe given a trial. ''Right place, right time'' springs to mind, you'll need luck as well as an abundence of talent I would imagine but unless you really are shithot, (ie/undoubtlebly one of the best in your school) then you have little to no chance of making it, so I'd keep my attention firmly focussed on them melon's if I were you Jake :farmer:

The two most talented and aspiring lad's I've known personally (and they really were head and shoulders above everyone else) have only made it to semi-pro level. Football is one of the cruelest industries and only rewards the very fortunate few.

If you want to read first hand accounts that support my claim get yourself a copy of a book called ''George Best And 21 Others'' by Colin Shindler.

The ones that really want to be footballers are the ones that make it, i played in the fulham and southampton academy's before my injury, and had a spell at the club which we do not speak of breifly!

Because i kept on sending them letters etc, asking for a trial!

The ones that really want to be footballers are the ones that make it, i played in the fulham and southampton academy's before my injury, and had a spell at the club which we do not speak of breifly!

Because i kept on sending them letters etc, asking for a trial!

Yep, and you have to be able to live up to training expectations and alot of it is fitness so if you did want to play in an Academy then wave goodbye to the hour a week kick about with your regular side, depending on your age sometimes its better to start somewhere decent but slightly lower and then you will get your chance, remember City have a lad from Bishop Sutton not long back but he was badly injured.

right time , right place and a scout that's in a good mood is what it takes.

I was scouted by Man Utd, but lead to nothing because he missed the game in which i tore apart the best team in the league, even though i played damn well in the other gamnes he saw me in. City and Rovers both looked at me as well, but injuries got in the way. :ranting::grr:

i suppose now it's play damn well and hope for the best.

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

just wondering how hard it is to get scouted for an acadamy team, and how many scouts are there? :chant6ez:

the chances are that when a scout finally does watch you you play terribly. the easier option is to become smart and good at football, then go over to the U.S.A for a scholarship in a top college get to use those facilities but have to be well clever, all A's at a level and all A's, A*'s and B's at GCSE.

I can't remember the names of clubs at the moment but there are some youth teams around that regularly have scouts from City and Rovers there.

So your best bet is to try and find out what these clubs are and try and get on board with them.

my mate had a trial with city last year because the teacher in charge of school team wrote to city and rovers, he got invited to both but only went to city and trained with phillips, clint davies, johnathen gould and mike stowell, all now gone. He didn't go to the rovers trial even though he's a gashead!

If your good enough then i'm sure you will get scouted at some stage, cole skuse got scouted by city and i think rovers whilst playing in our sunday league team because a lot of the managers in our league were reccomending him to them. ( i think thats what happened it was a long time ago and my memory isn't what it used to be :laugh:)

Archived