IGNORED

Ashton Gate Library

ooRya

5-0 to the city boys!!

5-0 to the city boys!!

5-0 to the city boys!!

anything other than that and some people sit there like corpses. people even look at you in strange way when you sing along with the songs as if you are demented and not just supporting your team. i think these are people that have only started watching the games at AG in the all seater era. I'm not sure how they would of enjoyed it in the old east end on a wet and windy december night!!!

I just hope we don't get a repeat of last seasons first game (Doncaster), where there was loads of noise before the game and for about 10 minutes into the match, then there was complete silence for the rest of the match.

Fair enough, the football under BT didnt give us much to cheer about, but it really is embarrasing when a handful of away supporters can out-sing about 10.000 city fans.

As for what song to be played, I don't really mind as long as its going to give the crowd/players a lift and as long as it isnt bloody Amarillo. Something like Blur's Song 2 wouldnt be a bad idea, as its short and loud.

• Admin

I just hope we don't get a repeat of last seasons first game (Doncaster), where there was loads of noise before the game and for about 10 minutes into the match, then there was complete silence for the rest of the match.

Fair enough, the football under BT didnt give us much to cheer about, but it really is embarrasing when a handful of away supporters can out-sing about 10.000 city fans.

As for what song to be played, I don't really mind as long as its going to give the crowd/players a lift and as long as it isnt bloody Amarillo. Something like Blur's Song 2 wouldnt be a bad idea, as its short and loud.

Trouble with our ground pre-match we are drowned out by music, the club need to learn that IF they are to play tunes before the games they are the ones that relate to football songs / chants !

Went to see Spurs Vs Inter Milan last Sunday their music was played really quietly before the game, but when the teams were in the tunnel they played the theme from Phantom Menace then some other song as tghe teams entered the pitch this created a really good atmosphere - especially when the Phantom Menace tune started as the fans knew the teams were on the way (remember Sheff Wed doing something similar)

As for a few away fans outsinging home fans to be fair this is the case at most grounds as it has been discussed thousands of times before in our place the singers all spread out and the "part time" fans who come out for the big games never join in.

As for Amarillo this was replaced at our pre-season games by the chorus from "glad all over" only affective is everyone is joining in - the real question is do we REALLY need a song playing after we score - surely the cheering is suffice ?!?

Archived