IGNORED

Radio Briz Sports Coverage

everreddy

I just hope they get their act together, with their coverage of local footie on Radio Briz, this season.

At the moment, thery're totally amateurish.

Some examples:

- frequent repetitition - of competitions, recordings of commentary on goals scored, and previously broadcast interviews;

- too much introductory music;

- a long wait (sometimes til 5.25pm on the Saturday programme) for all the national footie results;

- interviews with some really naff, bigoted "supporters" (can't those phoning in be previously be screened, as in 5live?) - though I guess they are so short of quality, well-informed listeners phoning in that they just broadcast anyone who phones in : "Mike of Stockwood" is a typical case, on the Friday night show

- and most annoying of all, a tendency to be "laddish" (20pence is the worst offender) with inane quips or anecdotes about his own "performances", when the listener is waiting for vital information about results, team news, etc;

The classic ****-up was several years ago, when the presenter who was supposed to be reading the results found something, or someone in the studio, so amusing that he could barely read the results coherently, as he kept giggling!

Is anyone else similarly frustrated?

Only when I'm on!! :D

Seriously, it don't pay Sky Sports Salaries so it won't be Sky Sports quality :)

In terms of the quality of callers, it's a funny thing but they're actually short of callers on a Friday or a Saturday, because most people can't be ar$ed to phone.

You can get through (unlike Five Live on most occassions) and some of the callers on Five Live, not to mention the summarisers, are much better paid, yet still leave a lot to be desired, IMHO.

Does anyone remember a few seasons ago when one of the reporters on Radio Bristol (reporting on a non league local match) got a little tongue tied and started to getting everything wrong, rather than calm down and start again he just unleashed a torrent of foul language while on air......it was soooo funny, I guess the guy never worked in broadcasting again....I remember they quickly returned to a very apologetic studio......Top quality stuff, you don't get that on Sky Sports.

Archived