IGNORED

Uddersfield Away

Come you know you all want to!!!

The first away Saturday game of the season, nice bid away end, City already 6 points to the good, the start of a glorious promotion season!!

I'm on the 7.28 train to New Street (then change for Sheffield, then change for Uddersfield), anyone else going via this route, in fact any one going at all!!??

P.S Don't be put off by the scary looking group 12 year olds highlighted in the BBC one documentary last night, i expect they'll be grounded.

I'm on the 7.28 train to New Street (then change for Sheffield, then change for Uddersfield), anyone else going via this route, in fact any one going at all!!??

i might be doing that, except getting train from Wolves to Birmingham then heading up to Yorkshire.

Come you know you all want to!!!

The first away Saturday game of the season, nice bid away end, City already 6 points to the good, the start of a glorious promotion season!!

P.S Don't be put off by the scary looking group 12 year olds highlighted in the BBC one documentary last night, i expect they'll be grounded.

I wish I could but I have my Driving Theory test that day. :(

I hope we take 1000+ there though.

I wish I could but I have my Driving Theory test that day. :(

I hope we take 1000+ there though.

Don't bother going!!!

I remeber i had a theory test on a saturday, but had hit the sauce in a heavy way the night before. Me and my might managed to get down and as we got off the the bus he said "Come on, you can still make if you run"!

Needless to say i sat it at a later date.

Ill be there but am being boaring and going on the cats coach.I may have to go on my own thou if i cant find any mates to go with.

Same here bud, but still enjoy myself just as much, went away alot last season, when my mates got bored of us losing. Youll get chattin when you get there!

Definitely going up to Huddersfield, big game early on, probably sunny, sick of the flaming mall with the missus! just try and stop me!

Also, the joys of going to football with my old man, is that he'll drive me and me mate up!! Cider-tastic!

Any good pubs near the ground fella's? :dunno:

:farmer::farmer::farmer::farmer:

Definitely going up to Huddersfield, big game early on, probably sunny, sick of the flaming mall with the missus! just try and stop me!

Also, the joys of going to football with my old man, is that he'll drive me and me mate up!! Cider-tastic!

Any good pubs near the ground fella's? :dunno:

None that sell cider

Remember travelling up from Crewe, on my tod, for the FA Cup match in Jan 2001. Won 2-0, and an exceptionally long and loud rendition of "Wilson Wonderland". Magic.

What a day. It was so cold it was beyond belief. The handball by Beadle before his goal was classic too. Gotta love the 3rd round of the FA Cup on that day!

It's also quid a kid for Huddersfield v BCFC :farmer:

I'll be there with a few brats on tow no doubt. :laugh:

Will bestaying in Scarborough for the weekend and coming over on the train with two of "the brats". Went in the Rope Walk with them last time and had a group of chavvy chancers trying to intimidate us. My middle boy was five at the time. He just crawled under their table and made rude noises to them for about an hour. They didn't know what to do!

It'll be the Gas Club for us I guess this time.

Can't wait now!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely hope we take a good following as this will be my first league game since last season and so i'm desperate to burst my lungs singing!!!!!!!!

Who else will join me in an attemot to render themsleve unconcious through continuous singing and shouting??!!

Can't wait now!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely hope we take a good following as this will be my first league game since last season and so i'm desperate to burst my lungs singing!!!!!!!!

Who else will join me in an attemot to render themsleve unconcious through continuous singing and shouting??!!

I'm in, i lost my voice after 5 minutes at bradford! :pinch: , so maybe not then :D

Wha?!?!

No cider no fun! Maybe they'll have some pikey northern ale to drink...made from coal or something...

If youve got time stop of in Holmfirth they have the best pubs (as in the old man type) I've been to. Nowt wrong with a dipple in to the bitter :D

Hudders is vile though, I'd rather find a park bench than go into one of their so called 'pubs'

Me and a couple of mates will be going up to see the pikey northern whippet lovers. Is the Gas Club the normal away pub? Not been to Uddersfelt before.

As someone who lived there for 4 years I would stay away from the pubs near the ground - not nice places in the majority of cases.

The poster who mentions Holme Firth knows what he is talking about and if you are going in that way from the M62 Brighouse is reasonably civilized !

As someone who lived there for 4 years I would stay away from the pubs near the ground - not nice places in the majority of cases.

The poster who mentions Holme Firth knows what he is talking about and if you are going in that way from the M62 Brighouse is reasonably civilized !

Cheers Rod, I might just give that a try.

The Gas Club is the best bet close to the ground and it'll be full of City fans.

I ended up in the Rope Walk next door to the ground last season - which seems to be the home pub. It's the only pub I've been to where you have to queue to get to the bar, right out of the door in a straight line. These Northern types are strange folk.

Well, should get there about 11 so I will probably start in one further away and end up there... variety is the spice of life and all that.

If you are going by train have a decent pint at the railway station!!

Either at the Head of Steam, or at the Train Station Tavern.

or walk to the Rat & Ratchet on Chapel Hill, ( number 40 )

If you want good cider, the Head of Steam usually has draught Scrumpy!!.

:farmer:

It's also quid a kid for Huddersfield v BCFC :farmer:

I'll be there with a few brats on tow no doubt. :laugh:

I take it that you'll be there with your young lad in tow, making sure that he reports you to your good lady wife, should you stray with one of those good looking Yorkshire Lasses, 'ala Doncaster!!.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:farmer::farmer::farmer::farmer:

None that sell cider

Head of Steam at the railway station!!.

:farmer:

What?!?!

No cider no fun! M

Maybe they'll have some pikey northern ale to drink...made from coal or something...

See above with regard to real cider!!.

:whistle:

Archived