IGNORED

This Has Got To Be Rubbish....

GeoTheCiderHead

Northern Ireland international striker James Quinn will sign for Northampton on Thursday, subject to a medical.

The 31-year-old, who has won 41 caps for his country, was made available on a free transfer by Peterborough after one season at London Road.

Brentford had expressed an interest in the frontman and Bristol City were also thought to be in the running after Quinn's loan spell there last season.

Cheltenham ruled out a move despite being interested in him in 2005.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/5203262.stm

Why would we make that mistake again??

I guess a lot of rumours and speculation comes from the player's agents trying to stir up some interest for their clients.

Also a lot of football clubs, us included, sometimes mention other clubs when a player is actually signed. I guess there's something quite satisfying about being the club that actually lands a player, or at least giving the impression that they are sucessful in business. A bit of oneupmanship.

I guess Quinn's agent was just using our name to big up his player. Fine by me as long as he signs for someone else! :D

Not very well informed people, it's complete rubbish.

I beg to differ.

The Sun informed me t'other day that "midfielder" Wayne Hennessey was to join us on "loan" from Wolves with a view to a permenant transfer.

Is he a distant relation of a trialist goalkeeper, Wayne Hennessey whom we may have signed on loan until Weale came back from injury, but with no intention of a permenant transfer?

Archived