IGNORED

When Will The Goals From Yesterday Be On Bristol City World?

GeoTheCiderHead

They ARE on world, just click on Bristol City World then match highlights and it's there. Just been trying to see if the goal was on-side or not, hard to really tell but to me it looks like the Scunny player moves up a fraction to late. a close call but I think he was just on.

That is about the only good thing that can be said about the 'highlights'! What happened to the first half?

Quite.. gone are the days of 10 minutes worth of highlights :dunno:

He is defo on side by a couple of inches. He is in line with the defender when Jevo wins the header. The linesman was also in line with them both so if it was offside he would have spotted it.

I ain't to happy with the 'highlights' there was more than them two incidents in the game. What about the times we hit the woodwork?

Mine keeps Buffering every so often in Windows Media Player 10 in Hi Res

May be due to you rinternet connection being too slow for content being streamed, either directly or because you are using your bandwidth on something else. However for better technical knowledge you would be better in asking someone else who may confirm this, but will probably completely contradict me as it wouldn't be the first time that I have been wrong.

I am having major problems viewing World presentations with both my PCs at different locations.

Action is stopping many many times and the problem has been apparent for over a week now.

This is the same with me. Although, it has only become apparent for this match - I was watching extended highlights from the Southend and Swindon games from last season a couple of days ago and they were fine.

Mine keeps Buffering every so often in Windows Media Player 10 in Hi Res

Me to............ :crying:

I am having major problems viewing World presentations with both my PCs at different locations.

Action is stopping many many times and the problem has been apparent for over a week now.

This is the same with me. Although, it has only become apparent for this match - I was watching extended highlights from the Southend and Swindon games from last season a couple of days ago and they were fine.

Note that the high res highlights are now in 650kbps 700kbps stream. Therefore if your connection is 512kbs then it's to slow to stream hi res. You may even have this trouble on a high contention ratio 1024kbps connection - it'll struggle a bit.

Best tip, is to open up Windows Media Player first, goto Tools > Options > Performance and untick 'use default buffering' and set it to 30-60 seconds of buffering. That way it downloads enough of the video to stop getting interupted throughout

Edit: Hi Res Extended is 700kbps!

IPB Image

Note that the high res highlights are now in 650kbps 700kbps stream. Therefore if your connection is 512kbs then it's to slow to stream hi res. You may even have this trouble on a high contention ratio 1024kbps connection - it'll struggle a bit.

Best tip, is to open up Windows Media Player first, goto Tools > Options > Performance and untick 'use default buffering' and set it to 30-60 seconds of buffering. That way it downloads enough of the video to stop getting interupted throughout

Edit: Hi Res Extended is 700kbps!

IPB Image

Tried the above, but still getting the same problem

Tried the above, but still getting the same problem

Yes, thanks for the effort and it actually nearly worked on the PC I'm on now. Set to 30 secs and I got over 4 mins through the highlights before the action stopped. It stopped for about 20 secs and then all the action was played in fast forward to 'catch up'. Had to take the pointer thing back to 4 mins and then was able to watch the rest of the action with no problems.

The PC on which I posted yesterday's 'moan' is with Telewest and regularly clocks up over 5MB on speed tests so will be interesting to see if this works there too. Thanks again.

Yes, thanks for the effort and it actually nearly worked on the PC I'm on now. Set to 30 secs and I got over 4 mins through the highlights before the action stopped. It stopped for about 20 secs and then all the action was played in fast forward to 'catch up'. Had to take the pointer thing back to 4 mins and then was able to watch the rest of the action with no problems.

The PC on which I posted yesterday's 'moan' is with Telewest and regularly clocks up over 5MB on speed tests so will be interesting to see if this works there too. Thanks again.

Still getting Buffering Problems though

Something must be done

I just got feed up with the stop & starts so I just downloaded it so I can view it without stops and rewind/fwd obviously makes it much easier, just have to wait for the download, 15.5Mb does not take that long.

Can't keep doing that forever though as I've only got a 80GB Internal Hard Drive & a 250GB External Hard Drive. Will run out of space Eventually.

I want my PC to Stream off the Internet without Buffering like it used to

Can't keep doing that forever though as I've only got a 80GB Internal Hard Drive & a 250GB External Hard Drive. Will run out of space Eventually.

Well delete each highlights package once you've viewed it then :doh:

If you view it steaming wise, its just downloading it to a temp folder anyway.. :pinch:

Archived