IGNORED

Onamatapea

barry_manc

Typo I know.

So, had an argument the other day about onamatpeas, mates reckon that things like squelsh are onamatapeas even though when you squelsh something it doesnt exactly say squelch.

So, what the hell is an onamatapea?

Also, did you know that cows in France don't say Moo, they say 'Ooomph'

Typo I know.

So, had an argument the other day about onamatpeas, mates reckon that things like squelsh are onamatapeas even though when you squelsh something it doesnt exactly say squelch.

So, what the hell is an onamatapea?

Also, did you know that cows in France don't say Moo, they say 'Ooomph'

In Spain cockerills go Rikki rikki rikki. Why they all sound like Biancha i don't know...

Onomatopoeia imitate or reproduce the sounds they describe, so i don't think it has to be the full word that is the onomatopoeia just the part sound or syllable.

Like the uelch in Squelch does make the "squelching" noise. ish anyway

In Spain cockerills go Rikki rikki rikki. Why they all sound like Biancha i don't know...

Onomatopoeia imitate or reproduce the sounds they describe, so i don't think it has to be the full word that is the onomatopoeia just the part sound or syllable.

Like the uelch in Squelch does make the "squelching" noise. ish anyway

You know I was spouting the same crap in work and this bird said the same about Spanish cockerills. Hintttersting.

So it also sounds like I was completely wrong in my argument (it was an ongoing 4 hour badboy). Grr ate

Archived