IGNORED

Decent New Site

bcfcred

Good news items made by me and a few others! Forum on there! New features etc to be added soonish!

Have a look :) Makes sense!

www.bcfc-online.co.uk

Thanks, Alex :)

Very good, just make sure the copyright owners of the pictures are happy with you using them though if I were you :rolleyes:

I think the new logo is to big at 1020861 bytes it stops the site from loading, I am glad I am on broadband wouldnt want to try it with the logo in dialup

• Admin

Had a bash at a new banner for you. It's nothing special and took me all of 5 minutes but I would say it was better than what you already had. Anyway, it's there if you want it.

IPB Image

[img=http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7071/citybannercopytn0.png]

Their current banner is better but they should resave it as a .jpg instead of a .png

Just tested it as a JPEG in Photoshop and even at 100% quality it goes from being just under a mb to just 65kB

Guest Eamer

It's a nice little site you got there relaly. The design is simple but effective and looks good. Would be a nice to see a few more articles from yourselves seeing as it's a fan site rather than articles taken from the official site and re-worded but I like what you've done with it. No bad bright colours look out at me but instead just the normal red and white which make it easy to look at. The play profiles part on the left though you might want to make darker. Some of them you have to wait with your mouse of to see who the player is before clicking due to some of the picture being too light and what-not. Be interesting to see what you do with the player profiles, search up a bit of background info on each rather than just copy and paste information from the City website. Copy the vital statistic yea but hopefully not the write up. The badges on the right for the next game maybe it would look better if you made the grey around the badge transparent to join the white that surrounds it.

A few picks but simple ones. Two content, two image design.

- More fan related articles rather than copy/paste edit a few words. Early days yet though I know.

- Player profiles, please don't just copy and paste. Be worthless then.

- Player images on the left a bit bright.

- Badges in top right, make grey around badges transparent.

Like it though.

Edit/

Just found a broken link and also couldn't find what I was looking for... fixture list.

- Keep the banner you've got.

Thanks for the comments Eamer, the articles, Myself and my editors will post more about rumors, past players and managers and more

The badges are transparent but sometimes when using IE they go a greyish background in Firefox they work perfectly. But i will try and fix it for you.

The players profile photos I will make the photos darkened a bit and the profiles will be a bit about the player like old clubs, interests, goals, apperences, pictures, date of birth, place of birth and more.

• SC&T Board Members

Agree with Cheshire Red .... BEWARE COPYRIGHT!!

It looks like you have a lot of pictures and text on that site that belong to other people, i.e. unless you took the photos yourself (and if inside the ground, then with the club's permission) and unless you interviewed the players / manager yourself, then all of your photos and interview bits look like being in breach of copyright.

Nobody much minds copying and pasting pics for your own personal use, but when you become a 'commercial publisher' (which is what you now are as your site is available to the public and carries advertising), then it's another story altogether.

I suggest you very quickly ask City's media department if (a) they mind you using their pics or (b) if they have a stock of generic pics that they allow to be used free of copyright.

Otherwise you could be in hot water!

Archived