IGNORED

Limewire

RED4LIFE

I use Morpheus.

I don't give tuppence about music industry giants getting ripped off. As far as I'm concerned they've been ripping us off for long enough

I'm not sure it will stop people. I think if you're sensible and don't keep 1000s of songs on your hard drive you'll escape their notice.

I'm 100% legal as I download from Russia. I pay literally 6p per song. Not bad considering that on itunes etc they charge you around 80p.

Got a Russian mate who goes on about gettin downloads from Russia for dirt cheap, I just thought he was chattin shoite but fair enough sounds good to me. That site can get really rare cd's etc so should be good

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

On friday it was announced that the American music industry is going to sue Limewire for copyright infringement.

news report

What do you think about this, does anyone use Limewire (I do) and will this crackdown stop P2P users downloading files?

americans going to sue?

this isn't a big deal, its like a handshake to them!

i am actually a producer of electronic music - i have 3 tracks ready for release this year.

I do not have that much of an income anyway, but what has recently happened with p2p has practically killed vinyl/cd sales of electronic music.

now my records wont be released until further notice as figures show that the distribution company will LOSE money, and therefore so will i.

you think that just downloading that one song wont hurt the fatcats like EMI etc - you're probably right. However file sharing has practically ruined my genre of music, as people only want the tracks for free instead of going out and buying it in the shops.

So where does that leave me? do i release my records, and make a huge whopping loss, that i cannot afford? or do i hold on to them, let them get outdated and lose my capital investment anyway?

:)

i am actually a producer of electronic music - i have 3 tracks ready for release this year.

I do not have that much of an income anyway, but what has recently happened with p2p has practically killed vinyl/cd sales of electronic music.

now my records wont be released until further notice as figures show that the distribution company will LOSE money, and therefore so will i.

you think that just downloading that one song wont hurt the fatcats like EMI etc - you're probably right. However file sharing has practically ruined my genre of music, as people only want the tracks for free instead of going out and buying it in the shops.

So where does that leave me? do i release my records, and make a huge whopping loss, that i cannot afford? or do i hold on to them, let them get outdated and lose my capital investment anyway?

:)

Fair play to you what are you producing? You must have a load of equipment at yours, where do you get it all from? My mate got signed up last week, he produces dnb he's quality and he's well excited about it all... Think ultimately, if your musics good enough then people will want to buy it eventually, you just gotta keep at it, even if you do take some looses you gotta stick at it. Another mate hosted his first night in Taunton and lost about £1600 on the night but is still going at it and gets into the green each time now.

Archived