IGNORED

Is It True?

bad_shrek

Not like yours though Barry eh?

I wouldn't mind a mullet but unfortunatly I'm to fickle to go through the 'microphone' stage of hair that I'd need to get any length going. Got a mate with a crackin mullet (shes called mullet monkey), which gives me an idea, is there a ratemymullet website?

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

To the mem to give Phillips abuse?

bviously i cannot condon this, but hey ho :whistle:

whats the point the sags will start soon anyway after tonights 4-1 thrashing

Hes doing a great job down there.I hope he is playing tonight so the gas will lose 5nil this time.

Well I'm sorry lads but I can't understand the flak Steve Phillips is getting, does he really deserve it, ok he's ruffled a few feathers includung '' The Gaffer '' but come on..........he was by and large a half decent keeper even to the extent of being voted the division's best keeper on at least 2 occasions, I think most fans if they were honest would agree he did a good job, so come, give the man a break, he was out of favour at Ashton Gate, he has a family to feed and no doubt a mortgage to pay what was he supposed to do???

Well I'm sorry lads but I can't understand the flak Steve Phillips is getting, does he really deserve it, ok he's ruffled a few feathers includung '' The Gaffer '' but come on..........he was by and large a half decent keeper even to the extent of being voted the division's best keeper on at least 2 occasions, I think most fans if they were honest would agree he did a good job, so come, give the man a break, he was out of favour at Ashton Gate, he has a family to feed and no doubt a mortgage to pay what was he supposed to do???

You are in the main correct, But, A real man would have knuckled down and fought for his place last season (not throw his teddies out and sulk), A real man would not have stirred up trouble between already 2 volatile sets of fans by slagging his former employers off a)suggesting he was hard done by for sulking & b)suggesting youngsters do not get a chance at City, I'm sorry but I am sure if had left the club in a dignified manner then he would receive the same dignity in return, Old chinese proverb say "he who pee in wind get own back".

Not being funny, but the "family to feed and mortgage to pay" arguement is pretty null and void. He wasn't out of contract here, so could easily have seen out the remainder of his contract on a higher wage he's probably on now.

There was no excusing his attitude (however we shouldn't have been surprised as this was called into question on many occassions during his time here) and i think it was A) the sulking, and B) the slagging off after leaving which has left many hoping that he helps send Rovers down for a second time!

You are in the main correct, But, A real man would have knuckled down and fought for his place last season (not throw his teddies out and sulk), A real man would not have stirred up trouble between already 2 volatile sets of fans by slagging his former employers off a)suggesting he was hard done by for sulking & b)suggesting youngsters do not get a chance at City, I'm sorry but I am sure if had left the club in a dignified manner then he would receive the same dignity in return, Old chinese proverb say "he who pee in wind get own back".

Ok, I wouldn't argue with that, after all he is a ''professional'' but I just feel there is no need to give him so much stick, surely its better to remember his time at Ashton Gate with some degree of gratitude, he has on a numbe rof occasions been somewhat of a hero with his excellent shot stopping

He was slagging off Johnson not the club

Not being funny, but the "family to feed and mortgage to pay" arguement is pretty null and void. He wasn't out of contract here, so could easily have seen out the remainder of his contract on a higher wage he's probably on now.

There was no excusing his attitude (however we shouldn't have been surprised as this was called into question on many occassions during his time here) and i think it was A) the sulking, and B) the slagging off after leaving which has left many hoping that he helps send Rovers down for a second time!

Yes, point taken I didn't agree with the comments made after he had left which, quite frankly did not make much sense, there was nothing to be gained from such mutterings other than alienate him from the fans. Maybe in time feelings may subside

He was slagging off Johnson not the club

And who is Johnson the manager of?

If he is/was so great why did'nt fight for his place, Why did he give up with a whimper and a whinge?

Good riddance.

Ok, I wouldn't argue with that, after all he is a ''professional'' but I just feel there is no need to give him so much stick, surely its better to remember his time at Ashton Gate with some degree of gratitude, he has on a numbe rof occasions been somewhat of a hero with his excellent shot stopping

Professional, A true professional would have fought for his place, To prove the manager wrong.

The gratitude melted when he made his childish comments.

How would you be feeling if Phillips had said nothing and Johnson had slagged him off, You would quite rightly be angry, Johnson was professional he made his decision and stands by it and did'nt respond to Phillips pettiness.

A true professional would have fought for his place

Wrong my friend.

A true professional would have attended the secret meeting with the Chairman and Manager, to listen to their plans for world domination (starting, of course, with Bristol).

A true professional would have then complied with the instructions given to him, despite the temporary loss of respect, and pretended to throw his toys out of the pram.

A true professional would have maintained this pretend sulk for the rest of the season.

A true professional would have then, ever so reluctantly, signed for our sworn enemies in the blue one-eighth (and shrinking) part of the city.

A true professional would then help to send the barstewards down to the Conference, where they belong (on second thoughts, even this is higher than their rightful place - looks like this could be a long term assignment).

Soon, there really will be only one team in Bristol.

The future is red.

Good work Agent Phillips :devil:

Archived