IGNORED

Miserable Phillips

Psycho Glenn

Saw Steve Phillips down the Gym this morning, looking totally miserable. Either:

A. Paul Trollope has dropped him after saturday and he has already chucked his toys out.

B. He remembered that he had actually signed for the sad sags and he is living the nightmare.

C. He had to wear their cr*p blue shorts with the camp pirate on it to the gym.

D. All of the above.

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

was chatting to some gasheads on sunday and they said he had a very good game just the 4 pratts in front of him(his words not mine).

anyway my view is they have the best fit keeper in bristol and their division

rubbish.

steve phillips is a joke, 7-1 at swansea, 4-1 peterborough, 4-1 bradford, 4-3 oldham, 4-2 barnet, and many more.

basso has only let in 3 or more goals twice. don't know if you were at the matches but gillingham and yeovil got VERY nervy when flappy was brought on. terrible player.

Saw Steve Phillips down the Gym this morning, looking totally miserable. Either:

A. Paul Trollope has dropped him after saturday and he has already chucked his toys out.

B. He remembered that he had actually signed for the sad sags and he is living the nightmare.

D. All of the above.

Surely when you were rubbing yourself up against him in the showers he wasn't wearing any shorts?

rubbish.

steve phillips is a joke, 7-1 at swansea, 4-1 peterborough, 4-1 bradford, 4-3 oldham, 4-2 barnet, and many more.

basso has only let in 3 or more goals twice. don't know if you were at the matches but gillingham and yeovil got VERY nervy when flappy was brought on. terrible player.

Right then, so when city were on a poor run, it wasnt cos our defence was carp and keep changing every week its because phillips is a carp keeper?? i admit his attitude stinks but he aint a bad keeper, kept us in more games then he cost us.

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

Right then, so when city were on a poor run, it wasnt cos our defence was carp and keep changing every week its because phillips is a carp keeper?? i admit his attitude stinks but he aint a bad keeper, kept us in more games then he cost us.

it was 50/50. you cant replace all blame from phillips. if he's so good then why is he in his prime years playing in league two?

D. All of the above.

D.

rubbish.

Without trying to start an argument, I don't think I've ever disagreed with someone as much as I do with your posts.

I'm very nervous with Basso in goal, and he is a good keeper, but he is more erratic than Phillips.

To call Phillips a "terrible player" is wholly inaccurate too. He may not be the complete article but he is certainly a very good goalkeeper.

Without trying to start an argument, I don't think I've ever disagreed with someone as much as I do with your posts.

I'm very nervous with Basso in goal, and he is a good keeper, but he is more erratic than Phillips.

To call Phillips a "terrible player" is wholly inaccurate too. He may not be the complete article but he is certainly a very good goalkeeper.

Yes of course he is, After look at all clubs who were fighting each other to sign him and in the end he chose the pick of the bunch.

I think the debate depends on what qualities you think are needed to be a 'quality keeper'

Skill, Temperament, Athleticism, Dominance (is that a word?!), Concentration, Attitude?

Phillips has got some but is sorely lacking in others. I agree with rumbellows comment too... If he's such a quality player, why is the only contract he could get is with the gasheads?

Basso's only fault seems to be on the concentration front but he seems to have the other qualities in abundence so I really don't understand why people have a problem with him?

Basso's only fault seems to be on the concentration front but he seems to have the other qualities in abundence so I really don't understand why people have a problem with him?

Because in my view he has plenty more faults. He's erratic, he flaps at half the high balls he comes at and his kicking is abysmal. I sincerely believe that other than attitude he is a worse player than Phillips in nearly every department.

It's a pity the loan siging we've made appears to be just cover rather than someone to genuinely challenge. I think we should have been in for Konstantopoulous over the summer with Weale and let both Phillips and Basso go personally.

Yes of course he is, After look at all clubs who were fighting each other to sign him and in the end he chose the pick of the bunch.

wouldn't say Rovers were best pick of the bunch at all, club wise I'd say it was without doubt the worst pick of the 4, but it was the most convienent, he is a somerset lad and that's where he wanted to stay

he would have been much better off at Tranmere, Vale or Mk dons, but understandable he didn't want to move his family.

Archived