IGNORED

Louis Carey

samj100

Suberb tonite, defencively did not put a foot wrong. Commanded, looked strong, read the game and was easially man of the match by the end of the first half and confirmed that by the end of the ninety minutes

Well done louis, Your too good for this division lets hope we can move up this year :city:

• Admin

Suberb tonite, defencively did not put a foot wrong. Commanded, looked strong, read the game and was easially man of the match by the end of the first half and confirmed that by the end of the ninety minutes

Well done louis, Your too good for this division lets hope we can move up this year :city:

Well, whilst I agree that he was very good (and probably our best player on the night) I would have preferred it if he hadn't put his foot in the way of Graham's shot and deflected it past Basso :devil:

The official MotM was their goalie. Says a lot about our performance tonight, even if the result didn't go for us.

Carey has been one of our most improved players since the arrival of Gary Johnson. HE even looks capable of being a captain now as his communication with the defenders is much better. Shame about the fighting with Windass last night though.

Carey was immense tonight. A near perfect display of defending. However, looking at the bigger picture, I think part of the reason was that there was little protection in front of him from our midfield and I personally thought Fontaine also struggled last night. My concern pre season was two fold. The first was the lack of physical presence in midfield, particulary at tough away games. Skuse & Noble are both good players in their own right but they really struggled to cope with the movement of Bridge Wilkinson last night. Also I still think we need another forward. If Brooker & Jevons are not doing it, then who will? We created loads of chances second half and neither of our forwards looked particulary sharp.

Plenty to take away from last nights game but I still feel we have a little to do, if we are to make a serious challenge.

Sounds as though we were a bit unlucky in the second half with their goalie pulling off some blinding saves.

Had to smile to myself this morning though when Radio Bristol announced that despite losing again the Gas had moved UP a place!!...Fix I say.

Heads up boys and girls, still a long way to go! :chant6ez:

Gator

Shame about the fighting with Windass last night though.

It wasn't really a fight. Windass is a great player at this level but old and not as fast as Carey, so he tried to pull Louis back off the ball to make a run - Louis pulled him back, bit of grappling, ended up on the ground wrestling, and I think Louis was about to floor Windass before coming to his senses. The booking should have been the other way round, Louis was only defending himself and would have came out on top.

Carey WAS immense last night, I would go so far as to say that I have not seen a better defensive performance from a City player, ever, in this division. Well done Louis, always has been a great player, and makes me smile to think that some were writing him off 12/ 18 months ago.

Superb tonight, defensively did not put a foot wrong. Commanded, looked strong, read the game and was easily man of the match by the end of the first half and confirmed that by the end of the ninety minutes

Well done Louis, Your too good for this division lets hope we can move up this year :city:

On 44 mins he was lucky to still be on the pitch, for an incident the Ref probably never say, and had to ask the Assistant Ref, ( Linesman for those who remember £, S, p. ) for advice on what had gone on between Carey and the Windy One.

8/10 max. might drop it to 7/10 for picking up a yellow card.

:farmer:

Well, whilst I agree that he was very good (and probably our best player on the night) I would have preferred it if he hadn't put his foot in the way of Graham's shot and deflected it past Basso :devil:

The official MotM was their goalie. Says a lot about our performance tonight, even if the result didn't go for us.

Was Graham's shot going to beat Basso regardless??.

I wish that Cotterill hadn't lost the ball so cheaply from what was a real poor re-start!!.

Their Goalie was a real flapper in the first 20 mins, but grew in strength as the game wore on, and denied us towards the latter stages of the game.

:farmer:

Carey WAS immense last night, I would go so far as to say that I have not seen a better defensive performance from a City player, ever, in this division. Well done Louis, always has been a great player, and makes me smile to think that some were writing him off 12/ 18 months ago.

I think that bit of high 5's and bum slaps is a bit strong...

He was awful a year ago, absolutely awful. He looked uninterested, didnt care and was making silly mistakes.

Maybe that was down to the manager, I don't know, but one thing Louis wasnt doing was playing for the shirt.

I wanted him out. But I'm the first one to say what a different player he has turned into. he is playing very very well, and long may it continue.

It wasn't really a fight. Windass is a great player at this level but old and not as fast as Carey, so he tried to pull Louis back off the ball to make a run - Louis pulled him back, bit of grappling, ended up on the ground wrestling, and I think Louis was about to floor Windass before coming to his senses. The booking should have been the other way round, Louis was only defending himself and would have came out on top.

I thought i saw Carey throw a punch, not "Windyass"! Thats why when all the city fans were going crazy i wasnt, i felt louis deserved all he got due to the brawl.

Apaprt from the hje was awesome!

Esp liked the chant to Windass of "Youl never beat louis carey, beat louis careyyyy"

I think that bit of high 5's and bum slaps is a bit strong...

He was awful a year ago, absolutely awful. He looked uninterested, didnt care and was making silly mistakes.

Maybe that was down to the manager, I don't know, but one thing Louis wasnt doing was playing for the shirt.

I wanted him out. But I'm the first one to say what a different player he has turned into. he is playing very very well, and long may it continue.

Yep, high 5's and bum slaps all round I say. Carey took unwarranted stick for a while, he deserves praise for the way he is playing now.

And I do not believe its correct to say he didnt care. Quite a few came on here last year saying he should be released - very short sighted I would say.

I believe the expression I am looking for refers to form being temporary, class permanent. Carey is class, and playing to his ability. Agree with you - long may it continue.

I thought i saw Carey throw a punch, not "Windyass"! Thats why when all the city fans were going crazy i wasnt, i felt louis deserved all he got due to the brawl.

Apaprt from the hje was awesome!

Esp liked the chant to Windass of "Youl never beat louis carey, beat louis careyyyy"

If Carey had thrown a punch, he'd have been sent off, unless the ref or linesman didnt see it. The linesman saw enough to recommend a yellow, presumably for the wrestling, he just didnt see the initial foul by Windbag. When they ended up on the floor, I think Carey went to land one on Windy, but stopped himself just in time.

Archived