IGNORED

Windass

Ashcott Boy

After him and Carey have a wrestling match on the edge of our box Windass gets away without even a talking to from the ref and Carey is booked (rightly so, i thoguht it could have been red). He then takes the free-kick quickly and levels it. Quick thinking and an accurate free-kick.

Anyway what really annoyed me was when Windass was walking off at HT, he was understandably getting abuse from some City fans and then shouted abuse back along with alot of different hand gestures. Well anyway i doesnt sound like much but i think you had to be there. I really believe that he should be reported for this, although the ref was probably too scared to say anything incase he got attacked in the car park after the game :whistle:

I could, most likely, be overreacting but i always thought that incitement of the crowd was an offence which the FA could punish.

(I could start ranting at the ref but i while leave that until tomorrow)

wasn't there an incident a couple of years back (think it was against Luton?) after Bradford lost, as Windass was leaving the pitch the REF laughed & took the mick out of him for losing? - apparently other players heard it but don't think any action was taken?

Windass has one hell of a rep in the game - if he's playing for you great, but when against you it hurts!

In fact just found this -

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Bradford boss Colin Todd is furious with referee Joe Ross for sending off Dean Windass following the final whistle after the 4-0 loss at Luton.

Bradford's website claimed Ross teased Dean Windass after the 4-0 defeat to Luton, and then sent the striker off.

The Bantams site also claimed that Ross admitted holding four fingers up to Windass on a talkSport radio show.

"Windass said something to Ross and was sent off, but the referee has to be made accountable for his actions.

"It was plainly heard by most of our team and even some of the Luton lads could not believe he had said that."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After him and Carey have a wrestling match on the edge of our box Windass gets away without even a talking to from the ref and Carey is booked (rightly so, i thought it could have been red). He then takes the free-kick quickly and levels it. Quick thinking and an accurate free-kick.

Windass knew exactly what he was doing, wound up Carey, got into a tussle, City being the "Away" side were the ones punished, (Carey lucky with just getting the yellow card) and as we complained, moaned and thought about making a wall, the Windy One placed the ball quickly and scored!!.

Shame we can't do the same when we get awarded free kicks!!.

:farmer:

I could, most likely, be overreacting but i always thought that incitement of the crowd was an offence which the FA could punish.

Then what punishment would you like to see the fans who hurled the abuse get??

:me?::whistle:;)

Windass knew it was almost half time, that Bradford had a lot more chances than us on goal, most of the possession, get a free kick in the right area, and maybe go in on level terms, at the break.

Shame some of our players are so short of ideas to do something similar, and extend our lead!!.

1-0 up after 2 mins and we don't capitalise on it!!.

I find nothing more tasteless than football fans who moan about a footballer giving abit back.

Paddy Kenny used to do it and it was great fun when ever he was between the sticks at Ashton Gate.

Well said! :chant6ez:

Windass is known the country over for being a bit of a "wind up merchant" however most of it is good natured and so many fans give him stick all match only to go mad when he gives a bit back.

Last season the Scunny fans gave him stick all through the first half every time we got a corner infront of the away end, "you fat bas*ard" and such like.

Second half he completed his hat trick and went the length of the pitch to do a "little dance" infront of the away fans. They did not like that ! :laugh:

At the end of the day, he is the kind of player most oppostion fans hate, but few would deny they would love him in their team.

• Admin

Shame some of our players are so short of ideas to do something similar, and extend our lead!!.

Actually there was an incident in the second half where one of our players tried to hit a quick free-kick and ref stopped him and pointed to his whistle.

Well said! :chant6ez:

Windass is known the country over for being a bit of a "wind up merchant" however most of it is good natured and so many fans give him stick all match only to go mad when he gives a bit back.

Last season the Scunny fans gave him stick all through the first half every time we got a corner infront of the away end, "you fat bas*ard" and such like.

Second half he completed his hat trick and went the length of the pitch to do a "little dance" infront of the away fans. They did not like that ! :laugh:

At the end of the day, he is the kind of player most oppostion fans hate, but few would deny they would love him in their team.

hell yes!

Windass is a great character, and an ambassador for the lower leagues. Shame he never played for us.. and hope we learned from him last night!

Windass also tried to grab Orrs balls. Look at the extended video highlights on World. Cheeky ****er.

The fact that the ref wasn't going to give anything and went on the linesman's decision who was miles away. Poor booking that one. If Carey got one Windass should have got one as well. Dirty bar steward.

He didn't excite those that were having a go at him at HT, they were already excited. I didn't see any hand signals just the blowing out of the cheeks ie how can you call me a fat barsteward you even much much fatter bar steward. Fair enough, why should a player have to accept abuse from someone just because he did his job. If a City player had done what Windass did we would have been delighted.

I have just watched the extended highlights and the REF CLEARLY shows Windass the WHISTLE and POINTS to it, as if to say wait untill the whistle is blown. The whistle wasn't blown and Windass quickly took it.

Absolutly pathetic favouratism for a ex-premiership well known player. Had City tried it, out player would most probably have been booked!

Awfull un-consistant refs!

• Admin

I have just watched the extended highlights and the REF CLEARLY shows Windass the WHISTLE and POINTS to it, as if to say wait untill the whistle is blown. The whistle wasn't blown and Windass quickly took it.

Absolutly pathetic favouratism for a ex-premiership well known player. Had City tried it, out player would most probably have been booked!

Awfull un-consistant refs!

I think you'll find that was the ref asking Windup if he would like a whistle or a quick free-kick.

I was previously under the false impression that if play has been "dead" for several minutes (whilst the ref spoke to his lino/booked Carey) then play had to be restarted by the whistle. However, having spoken to some refs, they told me that while they personally would restart with a "ceremonial whistle" to offer extra indication to both sides that the game was restarting, it was perfectly legal to restart without doing so.

In theory:

There aren't any laws of the game covering whether the referee must use a whistle to indicate restart from a free kick, nor are there laws about the ball being on the ground for a certain amount of time before the kick is taken.

The kick is taken entirely at the perogative of the side to which it's awarded and it is the defending team's responsibility to get organised and defend properly.

If a player from the defending team is inside the 10 yards the kick is retaken.

Sticking a player inside the 10 yards to block quick free kicks is an infringement that can be punished by a booking for delaying restart and/or failing to respect the required distance.

In reality:

Few referees would allow a quick free kick to be taken in those circumstances (ball in hand, having just called a defender over for a booking).

Referees will rarely order a kick retaken due to a player being inside the 10 yards if there is an advantage to the side whose free kick it was.

Sticking a player in front of the ball almost never results in a booking.

Bottom Line:

The goal we conceded from the free kick was entirely our own fault and noone else's, there is no excuse for not keeping your mind on the game and defending properly.

A few seasons ago, I stupidly gave a bit of stick to some opposition player from about four rows back from the front, of the Atyeo,....opps, Britannia Atyeo Stand,..... Can't quite remember who it was or who he played for.

Anyway, his response was to kindly invite me onto the pitch where I presume he was hoping the two of us could sort out our differences.

I informed the player that I appreciated the very kind gesture, but if it was OK with him I would have to decline. Bet your wondering why I declined.....well, the player was massive, and would have smashed my face in!

Anyway, point being, I gave him a bit of stick, he gave a bit back, no problem......their only human, and its good bit of banter. Afterall, the only reason we as fans dish out stick, is to provoke a reaction!

So Windass reacts, fair play 1-0 to City fans.....although he did have the last laugh didn't he, Rollocks!

After him and Carey have a wrestling match on the edge of our box Windass gets away without even a talking to from the ref and Carey is booked (rightly so, i thoguht it could have been red). He then takes the free-kick quickly and levels it. Quick thinking and an accurate free-kick.

Anyway what really annoyed me was when Windass was walking off at HT, he was understandably getting abuse from some City fans and then shouted abuse back along with alot of different hand gestures. Well anyway i doesnt sound like much but i think you had to be there. I really believe that he should be reported for this, although the ref was probably too scared to say anything incase he got attacked in the car park after the game :whistle:

(I could start ranting at the ref but i while leave that until tomorrow)

good point made.windass pulled a face at the city fans at halftime.he should have been reported.city fans do give windas some stick though. calling him fat f--king bast--d eveytime he touches the ball

Archived