IGNORED

Free Sky Channels

Guest Orj

For all of you who subscribe to Sky Sports World to see City (there's the link, tenuous I know but I reckon this deserves a wide audience) there is a way to get half of the movie channels for no extra cost that you may be interested in. Just follow the link here and read the thread where it is all explained -->DigitalSpy

This works like a dream... many thanks mister!!  It helps if you can lie about receiving a letter!!

We are getting free movies!!!

All part of the service. Cool, ain't it?

Its not the money - its the misus  :P

If I could somehow just slip the sport channels on, unnoticed on the bill.

Sounds like we have a case of "Save Chip" don't let your missus win :rolleyes:

You have my attention !! - is this something I can buy ( I'm guessing not), what exactly does 'chipping it' mean?
I suppose you can buy the "chips" and fit them yourself, but then you're buggered if the cable company want their box back :P

I'm sure that the new Digital Cable setup(s) you can get chipped (don't know from where though...)

I'm presuming that just like the old pre-digital cable set ups, if you know somebody that knows somebody, you can get a chipped box somehow.

For the time being though I'll settle for the old Sports 1-3, and a couple of movie channels :rolleyes:

Ours went something like this!

We checked what package we get, if you get all the 3 sports channels, xtra the news and pay £33 - this is sky sports world.

So we phoned them up and stated that a friend mentioned to us this offer. They then mentioned that people got a letter, (which we didnt but said we did) with the offer on it. They went off for about a minute and said there is a package (not called sky sports world) but one that u get all the sports channels and the movies too - so we said "cost anything extra?" - nope! "um, can we have that one then?!" yep no problem!

Simple as that, 5 minutes and 5 movie channels at no extra cost!

It is a marketing ploy i feel, as the good movies i reckon will be on channels you have to subcscribe too as you only get movies 2,4,6 and 8 free... however the word free is the word to remember here - as we watched a wicked Jet Li film for free last night!!

Let the good times roll!!

Oh and as for the chipped boxes for cable, they work a treat too!

My parents have got sick of Sky and so have stopped paying for the service (luckily I have telewest broadband in my student digs up here) so the box is now useless (they must have brought it off Sky, because they don't want it back)

Now, I'm sure I heard once that you can get a Freeview card, which does the same job as a Freeview box. I can't seem to find any info for it anywhere, so I don't know if I'm getting confused with the ITV digital cards (which were meant to pick up Freeview after the idiots went tits-up)

Anyone else who knows anything about this? :dunno:

My parents have got sick of Sky and so have stopped paying for the service (luckily I have telewest broadband in my student digs up here) so the box is now useless (they must have brought it off Sky, because they don't want it back)

Now, I'm sure I heard once that you can get a Freeview card, which does the same job as a Freeview box. I can't seem to find any info for it anywhere, so I don't know if I'm getting confused with the ITV digital cards (which were meant to pick up Freeview after the idiots went tits-up)

Anyone else who knows anything about this?  :dunno:

Yes, if you have a Sky Digibox connected to a Minidish, you can buy a Free-To-Air viewing card from Channel 4. The cost about £24 and last approx 2 years. You can contact them on 08700 541800, and purchase with your Debit Card.

Any probs give me a holler, I'm in the trade mate. :P

Archived