IGNORED

Who Has Seen The Goals Yet?

Ivan_is_a_legend

what the hell was cotterill playing at :ranting:

just conceded a goal, keep possession of the ball, knock it around and take the sting out of the game. oh no, not cotterill. he tries taking on two blokes on the half way line as players are moving forward, realises hes got himself into a right mess and passes it backwards, WITHOUT LOOKING!!!

no doubting he has ability, but he was exactly the same against scunny last sat. keeps getting caught in possession. not so bad if your at the other end of the pitch, but don't do it on the half way line.

if he is going to live up to the reputation he is building, he better start learning, and fast!!!

Yep, saw them last night, neither were Bassos fault to be honest, first one was sneaky like Henry does in the premiership, refs would normally pull it back, most certainly would if City tried it.

As for the second one, AWFUL by Cotts, gave the ball away in the most pathetic posistion and then they hit a lucky deflected shot past Basso.

Just have to move on from this and get a point or more at Hudds. I think Huddersfield play more open footie than Bradford so that could suit Noble more along with players like Jevo and Cotts (if he decides to play well for once).

He made a mistake, but criticising him on here is not the answer.

I will admit it seems like he needs a break as he looks shattered. He is, however, still one of our more dangerous players when running with the ball down the wing. Last night he kept coming infield which seemed odd, don't know whether he was under instructions to do so.

Coming off at half time may have been some form of punishment for the goal :dunno:

It would be easy to have a pop at Cotts, but it's worth remembering that he is very young, there is no doubt from anyone that he is going to be a great player one day, but at the moment he is still learning his trade and making mistakes.

as mentioned the clear sign of cotts performance is that he got subbed at half-time, as Johnson always says he wants players to affect games or the will be subbed and that is clearly whats happened in both games, so far we have had no alternatives to him but with the signings of McAllister and Johnson jr that has changed.

Dave is still young and players go through highs and lows in performances at this age, it will do no harm for him to spend a few game on the bench and bring him on as a sub when he can run at tired players and affect a game.

again there is no doubt in the future he will be fantastic, but at the moment the team is more important than any one player no matter how good they are or could be.

I will admit it seems like he needs a break as he looks shattered. He is, however, still one of our more dangerous players when running with the ball down the wing. Last night he kept coming infield which seemed odd, don't know whether he was under instructions to do so.

Coming off at half time may have been some form of punishment for the goal :dunno:

"He needs a break as he looks shattered" Poor little lambkins, this is only the second game of a 46 game season, so if he is looking shattered their must be something seriously wrong with his training programme!

wasnt trying to have a go at him (well, maybe i was). but my main point was he must learn from this. on sa he gave the ball away numerous times, and when he does it, you think you must have learnt his lesson that he is not always going to beat someone so just pass it simple.

it is constructive criticism for a player who gives the ball away too often in these

dangerous positions when trying to be george best :dunno:

if it's talked about then mabe johnson can get him to put it right :farmer:

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

I've noticed too that cotterill is getting really lazy. he's just not putting the extra effort gary johnson has made all the others put in. no doubting his talent, but he will never get to a higher level if he doesn't progress. as far as i'm concerned when he first came into the team he would take players on and cross it from the by-line. now he sort of stays between the half way line and the other teams box.

Archived