IGNORED

The Dark Side In Trouble!

Big Red Rich

FC United of Manchester who were in the North West Counties Division 2 league last season have a higher record attendance than rovers average which is very very bad seeing the division difference (6 tiers lower than league two i think)

I would not shed a tear if they do end up playing in the Unibond or any other p*ss poor standard league anytime soon, and i would not care if they went bust i would love it, and i don't care what either City or Rovers fans think of that opinion.

you bitter and twisted little man

I would hate it personally. I think it reflects badly enough on the City of Bristol that for a conurbation of our size we don't have a team in the championship at the very least, for us to only have one team of any note in the area would be very sad indeed.

I also don't hold to the view that the demise of the Rovers would mean a sudden upturn in support for us, I would have thought that the current generation of gasheads would rather watch the Mango's, Bath City, etc than come to the gate. I know I would if the situation was reversed.

I'm one of those that remember 1982 and the events surrounding it. Some real nasty stuff poured out of Eastville at that time - club officials as much as supporters. Never forgotten.

There is only ONE TEAM IN BRISTOL. No tears from me.

The GATOR.

Also, a fair bit of money poured out of Eastville and came your way too, or is it more convenient to forget that?

Many Rovers fans gave their money to help you lot when your future looked doubtful. They might have moaned and said stuff but money talks and bullshit walks, as they say.

We're all just people from Bristol who support our local team. Rivalry is great but people who hate, from either side, need to grow up.

i was working just outside birmingham, and i was trying to find a pub showing an England game,

worked nearly three miles and found this pub, heard chanting and cheering so i went in.

OOps i had just walked straight into a Villa Firm pub, decided best thing to do was go straight to the bar

rather than walk out and possibly be followed out.

Anyway this huge ape like bloke walked up to me, " Who do You support then " he growled,

Er Bristol City I replied proudly but also waiting for the aggro to follow.

" Oh thats O.k , We don't mind city , But if you'd been a gas we woulda ######g killed ya.

So on that note City til i die, Supporting Rovers Is jus Bloody Dangerous.

However i think its sad to see any club die, And i was too young and living to far away to get grief in 82

I've never understood some of the hatred shown for the gas on here, but then again as a relative newcomer to City and football, (last 4 years) I don't have the history either.

I actually quite admire the loyalty shown by some of their supporters who carry on supporting the team, despite the bad results. I'd certainly rather see a local boy wearing a rovers shirt than a chelsea one....

Fair play to them, but on the other hand if they are going to fold, pls get on with it and do it quickly, so that in time (maybe a long time), the city fan base will grow.... :devil:

Admire their loyalty?????

Thats cause they all live in the same house and sleep together :D

you bitter and twisted little man

The truth hurts my little "blue-pikey"

Also, a fair bit of money poured out of Eastville and came your way too, or is it more convenient to forget that?

Many Rovers fans gave their money to help you lot when your future looked doubtful. They might have moaned and said stuff but money talks and bullshit walks, as they say.

We're all just people from Bristol who support our local team. Rivalry is great but people who hate, from either side, need to grow up.

Bullshit walks indeed - most of your support judging by recent attendance figures at the Mem. Like I said - One Team In Bristol.

Good Night (Forever) Irene.

I will probably get slated for this, but I totally agree with you mate.

With all the hate that is spreading around the world at the moment (Israel, Hezbollah, Al-Qaeda, USA etc), I find it it quite ludicrous that people will happily hate another person that are your neighbours and freinds, just because of football.

I dislike Rovers, just because I'm a City fan and thats part of football, but, my best mates a gashead, a few of my family and friends are gasheads, so I cannot universally hate rovers fans.

Rovers fans are all 6 fingered, inbred pikeys though :whistle:

I will probably get slated for this, but I totally agree with you mate.

With all the hate that is spreading around the world at the moment (Israel, Hezbollah, Al-Qaeda, USA etc), I find it it quite ludicrous that people will happily hate another person that are your neighbours and freinds, just because of football.

I dislike Rovers, just because I'm a City fan and thats part of football, but, my best mates a gashead, a few of my family and friends are gasheads, so I cannot universally hate rovers fans.

Agree 100% with you. There are more important things in life than football. Anyone who hates a person or treats them differently because of the football tem they support are in my opinion lower than low.

I'm the first to stand up, shout, make gestures, wind up the opposition crownd, buts thats the enjoyment of watching the beautiful game. (Somthing i feel we are blacklisting but thats another topic)

If you support Rovers fine, youll get some banter from me but at the end of the day your a human being like me and should be treated no differently. I spend a fortune following and love Bristol City. But i know their are much more important things in this world.

Archived