IGNORED

Team Selection

mightyreds89

I think that Danny is currently doing a great job for us and our run has been excellent, and we were unlucky at Hillsbourgh not to get an least a point. All good runs must come to an end though...! Well done Lads, lets start again it was just onbe of those days...!

After stating the above I am struggling to get my head around Danny's current team selection and one or 2 of the changes he made on Saturday...! I am not knocking Danny as he is the manager and he calls the shots but Id love to know sometimes why certain decions are made like the one below..!

City were playing Luke Whiltshire on the right for months and we could all see that this was not working. Luke is good player but is not a wide man as he lacks the pace needed to beat a man and whip in a ball something that we really need with the 2 Lee's upfront. Wilson himself realised that Luke was effecting a match as much as he could be and moved him in field and bought a wide right player in Marc Good fellow....! Goodfellow came in played 3-4 tidy games and got on the score sheet several times and gave us the outlet that neede something different to always looking for Tinman in the middle or Brown on the left...! Now he is sitting on the bench and Christian Roberts gets on before him...?????

I am not sure how this works at all..... First of all Roberts is 100% not a wide right player and never will be he is a striker he cannot cross and he does not get around the back of the oppisiton, when Carey has the ball he is often in line or behinf Louis...! This is not a dig at Roberts at all I actually quite like him playing through the middle.... Wilson palys him out of position...

What must Goodfellow be thinking at the minute...When Goodfellow was playing this also helped Louis he had someone in ftont of him to pass to as well as get forward and over lap himself.....!

Saturday we were crying out for something different up front come the last 20 minutes both the Lees had give it 100% and pace was required Leroy remained on the bench...!

Both the Lees have gave 100% for the last 8-10 weeks and tomorrow would be an idea time to give them a half each and use Leroy for a start...!

Matt Hill was missed massively when he went off injured but obviously Wilsons hands were tied wth this one...!

This would be my team for tomorrow night...! Anyone agree....!

Phillips

Carey Coles Fortune/Burnell Woodman

Goodfellow Tinnion Tommy Brown

Peacock Lita

Subs:

Miller For Peacock after 45-55mins

Bell

Roberts

Whiltshire (for Tinman or Tommy mid 2nd half dependant on score or which ever player is in need of a rest.)

Stowell

I'd stick old bell on the left and give Tinman a rest..

Play a midfield of:

Goodfellow - Tommy - Wilkshire - Aaron and leave the lee partnership as it is till 60 - 65 minutes...

but hey, whats my view gotta do with it!! i aint gettin paid 300k a year so i cant be the manager...!

Archived