IGNORED

Scott Brown Or Alex Russell

Dolman_Stand

Surely one if not both of these two must be leaving now with the first choice midfielders coming from SKuse, Noble and now Johnson.

Who would you keep, personally I would keep Brown due to his versatility on the flanks although I would not be surprised if they have both left by the end of this season.

I watched the Ressie game this week against swindon, millen was handing out a lot of instructions to Russell and was getting frustrated with him. Scott brown played well. Ok only one game but on that Brown's future looked more positive.

Don't see it myself it's a long season, there was no suggestion of one in one out in the quotes when we signed Johnson. We will need all the options as the season progresses

Don't forget the likes of Artus,Wring, Williams etc have to be given an oppurtunity surely it would make sense financially for your 4/5th choice midfielder to be earning a couple of hundred pounds per week, rather than the thousands I would expect Russell to be earning.

I thought he was good against Scunny, maybe I'm mental :blink:

Skuse was good against S****horpe, the trouble with him is that most of his work involves him getting into good positions to break/block the oppositions attacks up, this sometimes goes unnoticed by the majority of City fans.

His passing is also as good as anyones at this club

Skuse was good against S****horpe, the trouble with him is that most of his work involves him getting into good positions to break/block the oppositions attacks up, this sometimes goes unnoticed by the majority of City fans.

His passing is also as good as anyones at this club

I thought he was all over the pitch in that game, intercepting a lot of midfield play from Scunny and playing the simple ball very well. I was surprised because he's not my first choice for centre mid.

Noble got all the praise though, maybe because he has a little more class.

I thought he was all over the pitch in that game, intercepting a lot of midfield play from Scunny and playing the simple ball very well. I was surprised because he's not my first choice for centre mid.

Noble got all the praise though, maybe because he has a little more class.

Noble got all the praise because he was the best player on the pitch, if you watch his movement to always get into a good position to receive a pass, esp from Woodman, its first class. If he had any pace at all he could be a top-end Championship player. (Sounds like Doherty eh, except Noble seems to have the attitude and work-rate to go with his talent)

Noble got all the praise because he was the best player on the pitch, if you watch his movement to always get into a good position to receive a pass, esp from Woodman, its first class. If he had any pace at all he could be a top-end Championship player. (Sounds like Doherty eh, except Noble seems to have the attitude and work-rate to go with his talent)

Don't get me wrong, I rate Noble and he played very well. Skuse was good too though for me.

Hmmmm options are always useful.

A settled side who play together week in week out are also useful (see 23 games best in League 1).

I got the feeling, at Bradford, and I could be wrong, again, the lads were trying to impress too much and not doing the basics.

Affect the game, I want players who can affect the game! How about just win because we were too good, too sharp did the basics.............

i think browns getting a game NOW would improve things on the flanks, murrey,cotterill or mcalister(first game i know) just aint cut it with me so far.

i agree with that but it does take a bit of support from your full backs when going foward in the build up play

or the wingers just won't be effective, there is a great point on here about john wards side that went up,

wing back play or over lapping down the flanks watch the 'were up' video, also watch man utd they do it,

gary nevile is a master at it, carey and murray have done it, that type of play added to our system would stretch defences giving more room, nice by line crosses for brooker and a goal poacher jevons is what they are crying out for. woodman can defend yes, but he gets near the half way line and cuts it side ways, murray is suffering becuse of this as he has come deeper to get the ball and has 4 players to beat then from a deep position :dunno:

As things are at the moment if one of these players is going to go it should be Russell. Although they are both good midfielders Brown has a style of play that City need more at the moment. We have players that play in a similar style to Russell but Brown is a hard working,battling midfielder who will get stuck in and there aren't many of them in the team at the moment so we should keep hold of him.

I suspect both will be let go at the end of the season.

Many people rate Brown but there must be a reason he's not getting into the team. It doesn't seem to be attitude or he'd have been listed with the rest.

He works hard and he puts his foot in but to be honest I think he's so positionally naive that it sort of undoes most of his good work when he gets caught out.

He's out of contract at the end of the season and from what I hear wants to get his future sorted out quickly due to family circumstances.

Russell is simply going to get let go due to age.

I suspect both will be let go at the end of the season.

Many people rate Brown but there must be a reason he's not getting into the team. It doesn't seem to be attitude or he'd have been listed with the rest.

He works hard and he puts his foot in but to be honest I think he's so positionally naive that it sort of undoes most of his good work when he gets caught out.

He's out of contract at the end of the season and from what I hear wants to get his future sorted out quickly due to family circumstances.

Russell is simply going to get let go due to age.

i don't think brown will go unless he would want to leave. hope not :pray:

Archived