IGNORED

To Much Doom And Gloom

Br1stolCityBoy

I have been reading all the recent topics over the last few days. My conclusion is don't panic. We have just played two sides away from home, where we seldom pick up points anyway and who will be in the shake up at the end. In both of those games we never got the rub of the green, where we should have picked up at least a point in each of them. But at least this season we are starting to try and play descent passing football and I am sure with the quality of our squad and when they all start gelling better together, then we will start getting long winning runs and that will start against Blackpool next Saturday. So don't panic and let's all get behind our team not run them down already.

I have been reading all the recent topics over the last few days. My conclusion is don't panic. We have just played two sides away from home, where we seldom pick up points anyway and who will be in the shake up at the end. In both of those games we never got the rub of the green, where we should have picked up at least a point in each of them. But at least this season we are starting to try and play descent passing football and I am sure with the quality of our squad and when they all start gelling better together, then we will start getting long winning runs and that will start against Blackpool next Saturday.

Too easy to spout nebulous and meaningless soundbites to justify poor performances and unsatisfactory results:

"didn't get the rub of the green"

"don't panic"

"playing away to sides who will be in the shakeup"

"seldom pick up points away from home"

"ok once we start gelling"

Doesn't it all get a bit tired and sound like lame excuses after a while?

Why do we continuously make allowances for poor performances and a failure to live up to the hype that is, after all, indulged in by the highest ranking people at the club?

If we are to stand up and be counted as a team with serious promotion aspirations, it's about time we started playing like one. No excuses.

Too easy to spout nebulous and meaningless soundbites to justify poor performances and unsatisfactory results:

"don't panic"

Why do we continuously make allowances for poor performances and a failure to live up to the hype that is, after all, indulged in by the highest ranking people at the club?

If we are to stand up and be counted as a team with serious promotion aspirations, it's about time we started playing like one. No excuses.

Absolutely spot on.

"don't panic"

Here here SR....... :chant6ez:

All I am saying is yes it is frustrating but if you have ever played decent football before, you will know that very small decision or little things that happen on the pitch can be the difference in winning or losing games. City are at present definitely not getting the rub of the green. All the other facts that you fickle supporters have picked me up on are also fact i.e we will start playing better once we start gelling, when you bring in new faces to a side it takes a little while for them to read each others game, and Bradford and Huddersfield will be pushing for the play offs this season. No team has the devine right to beat every team during a season and that includes teams like Chelsea.

Sorry BCB I agree with you. We're three games into a new season. How can anyone possibly tell what's going to happen by the end of the season yet? Last Christmas we were holding up the entire divoision yet by the end oif the season we were very close to play-offs! Just because we've lost two games (both away to difficult teams) doesn't mean that we'rte crap. Time for reality check we're not and never were going to walk this league, it's going to be difficult but for ######s sake if someone wants to post something positive don't just shoot them down because you're pissed off. You've moaned enough in other posts so let someone else have their say.

Sorry BCB I agree with you. We're three games into a new season. How can anyone possibly tell what's going to happen by the end of the season yet? Last Christmas we were holding up the entire divoision yet by the end oif the season we were very close to play-offs! Just because we've lost two games (both away to difficult teams) doesn't mean that we'rte crap. Time for reality check we're not and never were going to walk this league, it's going to be difficult but for ######s sake if someone wants to post something positive don't just shoot them down because you're pissed off. You've moaned enough in other posts so let someone else have their say.

Thanks Cidergeorge for your support. Perhaps all the moaners should go and watch the Rovers, then they would have something to moan about.

"don't panic"

Give me strength and hand me the rope...

Bored now.

We have just played two sides away from home, where we seldom pick up points anyway and who will be in the shake up at the end.

Isn't it the teams where we so called seldom win points at, where we actually need to win and gain points at IF we want to see City gain Promotion??.

I see the last two games as 6 points lost, no matter what language you use, or how you want to dress it up as.

Can you see Forest players and fans having the same attitude??.

"Ah well, we are only top because we are beating the teams we usually beat!"

We all know it's early days,

We all know it's a long march and not a quick sprint,

But teams that go up win games and get the points required!!.

:farmer:

Thanks Cidergeorge for your support. Perhaps all the moaners should go and watch the Rovers, then they would have something to moan about.

Didn't Steve keep a clean sheet yesterday??

And didn't the Gas get all three points??.

:me?:

Isn't it the teams where we so called seldom win points at, where we actually need to win and gain points at IF we want to see City gain Promotion??.

I see the last two games as 6 points lost, no matter what language you use, or how you want to dress it up as.

Can you see Forest players and fans having the same attitude??.

"Ah well, we are only top because we are beating the teams we usually beat!"

We all know it's early days,

We all know it's a long march and not a quick sprint,

But teams that go up win games and get the points required!!.

:farmer:

Didn't Steve keep a clean sheet yesterday??

And didn't the Gas get all three points??.

:me?:

Like I said go and watch them then if they are that good!!

After a while sure but not after three effin games!

Let's see where we sit after GJ's block of 10 and then we can all moan till our hearts content. Until then we need to get behind the team.

DOG you stirrer.

:D

You're right but we (I mean the fans here not the players) cannot expect to beat every team just because we turn up. Also as Nestor has said in his post we we're not only bloody unlucky yesterday but we have just had two of the most difficult away fixtures we are going to play this season. It is too early to start moaning. But I do believe that criticism should be constructive and not just down right rude. I appreciate the fact that many of us spend hard earned cash to go and watch City but if it really pisses you off that much then go and do something else instead.

Yes I could see Forest fans having the same attitude if they were in our position as would any fan from any team. Every season we have this same debate on this forum about what a poor start to the season we've had. It's football, we support a 2nd division team, if you don't like it go and support Chelsea.

:razz:

I'd agree that people are becoming pessimistic too early on. Let's judge after GJ's first block of 10. Looking at the rest of that first block I'd say that the two games we've just had were the most difficult and that the rest are definitely winnable. I'm not sure we'll make the 20 point target but can see us getting 17 which would at least put us in the playoffs and much better position than last year.

Archived