IGNORED

Would You Support Safe Standing/terracing At Ashton Gate?

Wurzel City

Would you support safe standing/terrracing at Ashton Gate?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why do we want to move back to Sh*t terracing. All the best grounds in the world these days are seats.

Or would you rather be like the Mem again!

In whose opinion are "all" the best grounds in the world seated ? Is it that chap who writes books on stadia Simon Ingliss, no1cityfan_tucks, Wurzel City, Archibald Leitch, Steve Lansdown, the football supporters federation or is that purely subjective?

So you feel stadia in Germany which include terracing are sh*t?

I think many [not all] new build stadiums are featureless, loveless, open bowls which lack humanity which makes former grounds special because they are peculiar to that club and evolved over decades

Why you say ? Well i cannot see a lucid safety reason why seated areas are safer than sh*t safe standing areas, any poll i can find on the subject sees the majority of supporters being in favour of sh*t safe standing, choice for support to stand or sit would in my opinion be a step "forward" instead of Citys myopic view of you will sit regardless, atmosphere almost certainly will be improved, fans who miss the old skool feel of sh*t terracing may come back, the improvement in atmosphere may hook a few for life who will not be attracted by the sterile enviroment the club prefers, when it's cold you can stretch out instead of getting your arse welded to a seat, City could offer standing at a more affordale price for support e.g Cardifff's Bob Bank sh*t terracing is £15, sh*t terracing is unreserved so you can stand next to your friends rather than the annoying shrieking snotty nosed kid who runs off to the toilet, every couple of minutes, sh*t terracing had a communal feel to it where the banter of others was a laugh & Bristol City could give something back to supporters who do not buy into Lansdowns vision of what a modern ground should be and feel marginalised to the point they have stopped going or are considering it.

Ashton Gate has never been like the Memorial or Eastville/Twerton seats or no seats.

Yep for decades sh*t terracing was so sh*t that half the Ground decided they would rather stand in abject misery than use the less sh*t Dolman or less sh*t Williams, Why was that? Was it some masochistic kink or did they think it was a more enjoyable experience for them?

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

personnally i went for no.

it makes visiting away grounds with standing all more exciting. and i think it would be a step backwards. unless the standing would replace the wooden seats which have even less room and are less comfortable.

In whose opinion are "all" the best grounds in the world seated ? Is it that chap who writes books on stadia Simon Ingliss, no1cityfan_tucks, Wurzel City, Archibald Leitch, Steve Lansdown, the football supporters federation or is that purely subjective?

So you feel stadia in Germany which include terracing are sh*t?

I think many [not all] new build stadiums are featureless, loveless, open bowls which lack humanity which makes former grounds special because they are peculiar to that club and evolved over decades

Why you say ? Well i cannot see a lucid safety reason why seated areas are safer than sh*t safe standing areas, any poll i can find on the subject sees the majority of supporters being in favour of sh*t safe standing, choice for support to stand or sit would in my opinion be a step "forward" instead of Citys myopic view of you will sit regardless, atmosphere almost certainly will be improved, fans who miss the old skool feel of sh*t terracing may come back, the improvement in atmosphere may hook a few for life who will not be attracted by the sterile enviroment the club prefers, when it's cold you can stretch out instead of getting your arse welded to a seat, City could offer standing at a more affordale price for support e.g Cardifff's Bob Bank sh*t terracing is £15, sh*t terracing is unreserved so you can stand next to your friends rather than the annoying shrieking snotty nosed kid who runs off to the toilet, every couple of minutes, sh*t terracing had a communal feel to it where the banter of others was a laugh & Bristol City could give something back to supporters who do not buy into Lansdowns vision of what a modern ground should be and feel marginalised to the point they have stopped going or are considering it.

Ashton Gate has never been like the Memorial or Eastville/Twerton seats or no seats.

Yep for decades sh*t terracing was so sh*t that half the Ground decided they would rather stand in abject misery than use the less sh*t Dolman or less sh*t Williams, Why was that? Was it some masochistic kink or did they think it was a more enjoyable experience for them?

C'mon Tucks any opinions?

Why do we want to move back to Sh*t terracing. All the best grounds in the world these days are seats.

Or would you rather be like the Mem again!

Also some of the best grounds in the world are in Germany and were used during the world cup and they have safe standing terracing.

Also some of the best grounds in the world are in Germany and were used during the world cup and they have safe standing terracing.

they have both, the clever germans, they take the seats out for league games, then put them back for european games.

too easy isn't it?

Portentially problematic games could be all seater, games involving the likes of blackpool could have safe standing and an atmosphere.

i totally agree with you cider head

personally, i love to stand and get so annoyed everytime i try to sing my heart out as we are on the attack, only out of the corner of my eye to see a steward walking up the stairs!

this safe standing seems like an excellent idea to me, whats the problem with it?

make it just as safe as seats, and it will also increase the capacity of the stadium. atmosphere will also be increased as you can really get it going when youre on your feet, and all the singers will in the same place.

just what we need to make ashton gate a true fortress

It is actually very hard to try and find out what the problem is as i have tried contacting the club to ask why they allow standing in seated areas at concerts but i have never recieved a reply.

The bigggest stumbling block is Mr Blansdown & his "On the subject of terracing there is no point asking a question if nothing will happen about it. Ashton Gate needs to be a modern stadium and as such will remain all seater.

There is to be a survey conducted by the supporters trust of trust members on topics such as this hopefully.

Archived