IGNORED

Internet Service Provider

grebes

I have used BT for yonks, but since they have joined with Yahoo I have nothing but problems logging onto my email.

So which service provider do you all recommend? Freeserve? Virgin?

I have dial-up at the moment, and guess everyone is going to say go for Broadband, but it just justifying the cost. In reality I only use to Internet at evenings and weekends. Guess you could leave it downloading films and music during the day.

Cheers in advance

• Admin

I have no qualms in recommending Telewest's Blueyonder broadband, £25 a month, very reliable and my stress level would be sky high if I had to go back to dial up.

No idea if it's available in Portishead though.

(I have no link to Telewest, other than as a customer)

Cheers mate. Used to have Blueyonder dial up when we lived in Bristol along with a Cable and telephone package which was great. I am pretty sure that Portishead being backward and all, does not have cable installed.

Serious, BT are cack

City Gal, are you having trouble on a regular basis accessing your outlook email?

The Newsgroups and helplines are just being ignored by BT. Totally done in.

It crashes, it disconnects itself... Sometimes i have more trouble than when i had will dial-up.... Not sure about e-mail because i dont tend to use it but i do know its a pain in the @rse :rolleyes:

Used Blueyonder Dial up before upgrading to the Broadband package.

Can't say I've ever had a problem with either.

I know my mate used to be on BT Internet, but apart from having to re-connect every 2 hours, had quite a few problems.

Archived