IGNORED

Important Information Regarding The Black Shirt

Jay

As it stands, there are a few XXL & XXXL shirts left in the shop. Mark Weston (shop manager) has confirmed to us today that, if the demand is there, more shirts will be ordered. At the moment, they only have a list of about 20 names of people that want to order one. Though he did not confirm a figure, he did say that they would need a demand for a few hundred before they consider re-ordering.

If people would like to register their interest (this includes City Exiles) with the Club Shop, please call them. Alternatively, please feel free to PM your details (Name, shirt size & phone number) to any of the Supporters Trust Board Members (their names appear in BOLD on this forum) and we will gladly compile a list to pass on to the shop.

Unfortunately, they will not be producing ladies fitted shirts.

The club are claiming that demand beyond the initial 250 is poor...

Link

Same as I got told in the shop when I decided to snap uo one of the four remaining XXL's :dunno:

I suppose from a selfish point of view, it could be good news for the ones that got one. I wonder if the trust can sort some nice Certificates of Authenticity at a fiver a go? 50/50 profit for the club and Trust!! I'm sure most would pay it; not often you get an official club shirt with such a low number produced.

Surely the club is wasting an opportunity here ?

Rather than taking a chance and getting a load made only for them to hang on the rail all season maybe the club could take orders and a £20 deposit up until a cut off point say October.So for example another 1000 fans want this shirt they can pay their deposit,order the size and then everyones happy.

It just seems palin daft that a shirt which gets such a big thumbs up is limited to those who have the time to go to the shop in person and queue.

So what is the latest on this?

Have the Trust talked to Sextoy yet about signing 250 certificates yet? £2,500 could pay for this forum for a few days :w00t:

As you can tell from the content of this initial post and if you cross reference with communications issued by the Club at the time the 250 shirts went on sale and subsequently, there has been no promise of restricting to 250 so there's no point asking for certificates as if they are limited edition. If a firm decision is announced that there'll be no new issue then I'll personally do everything possible to arrange for certificates in return for your promised £2500 donation to otib. ;)

It just seems palin daft that a shirt which gets such a big thumbs up is limited to those who have the time to go to the shop in person and queue.

It is daft. By producing more shirts, more fans would buy it and we would make more money. It would make good business sense. But why would we want to do a thing like that? I say we should only let 300 people have it, who all had to queue up for 2 hours to get it. Now thats fair, giving that we all have nothing to do on a weekday at 9am.

Or don't you like replying to posts? :shutup:

Hi Neo,

any chance you can diary this one on for a month or so? There are still lots of people wanting a black shirt and the Club haven't announced a decision yet. I'll ask again at the next opportunity.

Anyone wanting to buy a black away shirt can still register their interest by contacting the Club Shop or a Trust board member.

Cheers,

Milo

As it stands, there are a few XXL & XXXL shirts left in the shop. Mark Weston (shop manager) has confirmed to us today that, if the demand is there, more shirts will be ordered. At the moment, they only have a list of about 20 names of people that want to order one. Though he did not confirm a figure, he did say that they would need a demand for a few hundred before they consider re-ordering.

If people would like to register their interest (this includes City Exiles) with the Club Shop, please call them. Alternatively, please feel free to PM your details (Name, shirt size & phone number) to any of the Supporters Trust Board Members (their names appear in BOLD on this forum) and we will gladly compile a list to pass on to the shop.

Unfortunately, they will not be producing ladies fitted shirts.

PM sent Jay :)

Archived