IGNORED

Getting To Cheltenham Away

Pickle Rick

Anyone ever got the train there. Is the ground far from the Cheltenham Spa station?

Don't know if its worth getting there by train if its a fair old trek! Might aswel get a CATS coach if so :pinch:

Could someone enlighten me please...

Scrupy, done it a few times.

Would say 25min walk into town from the station and say 10 min walk to the ground from there.

I wouldnt worry about it, and go for the train option.

U,ll have plenty of company for sure, and it will seem no distance mate. :farmer:

Already got this bit ready for Monday's big match preview so here you are:

From the Train Station: It's about two and a half miles and buses to the town centre are only every 30 minutes in the evening, from the town centre it is another 10 minute walk so best to grab a taxi at the station!

yes but taxis don't stop at pubs and there are plenty of them which ever way you walk :Party12: :Party3:

Anyone ever got the train there. Is the ground far from the Cheltenham Spa station?

Don't know if its worth getting there by train if its a fair old trek! Might aswel get a CATS coach if so :pinch:

Could someone enlighten me please...

It is a fair old trek but depends what time your arriving; there are quite a few who will be around for hours before k.o. :whistle:

Cheap day return probably means train is the cheaper option than the crazy cats

£6:50 each way with a VALUE ADVANCE 2 SINGLE B, which you must purchase at least 1 day in advance.

But you would have to get the 18:28 departure ex Temple Meads, which if on time, gets into Cheltenham Spa at 19:10 and leaves you just over half an hour to get to the match, without stopping for a beer or two.

Then you have a choice of 2 trains after the match, which leave at 22:37 and 22:52.

think that the CATS coach will be better for you in this instance!!.

:farmer:

I work in Cheltenham (yeah I know, a bit of a commute :rolleyes:) and I sometimes get the train. You can walk from the station to the edge of the town centre (Montpellier) in 15 minutes. Stick around there and have a few beers, there's some great pubs and then at 2.15 get the bar staff to order you a cab for 2.30. Sorted.

I work in Cheltenham (yeah I know, a bit of a commute :rolleyes: ) and I sometimes get the train. You can walk from the station to the edge of the town centre (Montpellier) in 15 minutes. Stick around there and have a few beers, there's some great pubs and then at 2.15 get the bar staff to order you a cab for 2.30. Sorted.

No need to get taxi to ground from station (back to station - yes I agree)

Plenty to keep you occupied walking through the town

I seem to recall from the last league game there that the walk took us approx 20 pubs

Including bars like "walkabout" and the "priory church type thingy place" or "J's Vodka bar"

or "Bar med" or....shall I go on ?

Archived