IGNORED

Non-city: Is Sepp Blatter....

Ian M

• Admin

Edit: Apologies for posting in the wrong forum but I feel people need to hear about this......

Following reports in the media over the last couple of days stating Blatter's views on the game and in particular his concerns at the amount of games we play in England, it has now come to light that FIFA will be voting in October on a resolution to allow Herr Blatter to DICTATE to National Football Associations just how many domestic fixtures they are allowed to play in a season.

Given his recent statements, I fear should this resolution be passed that he will give the English FA 2 options:

• Keep the League Cup and reduce the Premiership to 16 teams
  • Dump the League Cup and reduce the Premiership to 18 teams

If this were to happen and either of the above scenarios were imposed on the English by FIFA's Fuhrer can anybody seriously see the Premiership's elite allowing promotion/relegation to the Prem to remain at 3 places?

Self-interest is the number one criteria for the decision making process amongst Premiership Chairmen, so given the choice I suspect the Premiership Clubs would vote to go with the 2nd option and at least keep 18 of them in the Prem Club. The League Cup is a vital source of income for lower division clubs and taking this course of action will deprive many of such income. Coming in the wake of a diminishing National transfer market I fear the dumping of the League Cup could become the final nail in the coffin for some clubs.

The English League has existed for over a hundred years and has worked well. Many counrties import British matches to show on telly, often getting viewing ratings exceeding their own National competitions. We exported the game to the rest of the World. What gives this man the right to tell us, the inventors of the game, how we should run our own game?

This man must be opposed.

Views?

Sepp Blatter is the embodiment of what is happening to our beautiful game and I loathe him for it. Any person who can so obviously act in the interests of the "big few" with no regard to the smaller clubs makes my blood boil. 18 teams in the Prem could lead to one-up-one-down which in turn would give clubs like Bristol City EVEN LESS chance of making it to the big time, let alone stay there. Over-regulation from people outside of the UK is exactly NOT what we need. The powers that be should be giving the smaller clubs an ever-increasing chance of making it, not giving the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea even more of a stranglehold. This could turn the Prem into something resembling the Scots Prem where 1 or 2 teams are light-years ahead of the rest.

Added to that he's a fat, pig-eyed, fraudulent git. :rolleyes:

Why is it that every statement he make's seems to be pointedly about english football?

Over the last few months his statements have suggested;

We are the only ones who have football violence...

We are the only country with clubs in financial trouble

We play too many games (this from the man who didn't want the second league phase removed from the Champs league).

Etc, etc.

• Admin
Why is it that every statement he make's seems to be pointedly about english football?

Over the last few months his statements have suggested;

We are the only ones who have football violence...

We are the only country with clubs in financial trouble

We play too many games (this from the man who didn't want the second league phase removed from the Champs league).

Etc, etc.

We have the most famous, most watched, most successful (?) League in the World, by criticising us he's guaranteed to get his desired place in the spotlight.

Out of interest, WHEN it kicks off this summer between Croatia & England fans in Portugal, it'll be interesting to see if both teams get kicked out of the finals or just England seeing as international reports suggest the Croatians are just as "up for it" as the English are supposedly. Wonder what kind of mechanism there is for the English FA to sue FIFA for loss of earnings?

Nothing really to add to this argument, but it certainly does seem that Blatter has a rather unhealthy bias against English football as a whole. Threatening England with expulsion due to violence, yet when Turkish thugs stabbed that Leeds fan to death, no reprocussions. And what about France 98 when two German thugs beat a Gendarme into a coma? again, nothing. Putting those down to "isolated incidents" is narrow-minded and unfair to the victims. When the heck was the last time our thugs have actually killed people in football-related violence? certainly not within the last 6 years, but we are getting ALL the flak under the sun.

Laughable. As is Blatter's will to cut the nuts off lesser football teams.

• Admin
Nothing really to add to this argument, but it certainly does seem that Blatter has a rather unhealthy bias against English football as a whole. Threatening England with expulsion due to violence, yet when Turkish thugs stabbed that Leeds fan to death, no reprocussions. And what about France 98 when two German thugs beat a Gendarme into a coma? again, nothing. Putting those down to "isolated incidents" is narrow-minded and unfair to the victims. When the heck was the last time our thugs have actually killed people in football-related violence? certainly not within the last 6 years, but we are getting ALL the flak under the sun.

Laughable. As is Blatter's will to cut the nuts off lesser football teams.

Note to FIFA: you are responsible for football as a whole, from kids starting out at school to the Real Madrids of this world. Making the rich richer at the expense of the little clubs shouldn't even be on the agenda. Time to take a step back and have a quiet word with yourselves.

Blatter is thoroughly corrupt and a dictator. He has purged FIFA of all opposition in the last twenty-four months and bribed the others to back him. He was behind the collapsed German TV company that lost millions (nobody to this day knows exactly where the money went but we can guess).

Blatter now sits unopposed at the top of a one-party state called FIFA and is answerable only to himself, and since he has no scruples or conscience he can do damn well as he pleases. He even confronts nations who try to stamp out corruption in their own FAs by suspending that nation from FIFA until they relent and allow the sleaze and corruption to continue.

Its significant that any hint of corruption is ignored while Blatter comes down hard on people genuinely trying to make football a better game. No wonder cheating is rife and rampant in the game with its chief proponent at the helm, smiling benevolently at every thieving self-centred opportunist who infects our game.

I'm not a fan of Blatter but I think he does have some good points. The way football is at the moment is a shambles. Clubs pay big money for players and they then go off for weeks on end to take part in things like the African nations and olympic quaylifiers etc.

What is needed is a world body who will make football run to one calander. If Blatter does indeed care about the number of games then this is the first thing he needs to look at.

He has expressed concern over the number of players used in friendlys, Another good point which I think he has every right to look into. When you get a situatuion where you have subs coming on and then going off in the same game.

Also I agree 100% about his recent comments regarding the use of TV replays in games, He made a point saying that the game needs to be the same at the top level as it is at the bottom.

As someone who plays football at a semi pro level I am glad to see that the man at the top of the game hasnt forgotten the likes of us.

Hes not perfect but I dont think hes the hate figure people often paint him as.

Football as a whole needs to be shaken up and nobody else in FIFA would have made the comments he has.

Blatter says a lot of daft stuff, but he also makes a few good points, such as if a player "forgets" to turn up for a drugs test that both he and his club have been informed about, he should have been banned from that moment onwards until his case was heard.

Another point is with domestic football he is led by the big clubs who have him by the short and curlys - every time they are unhapply they threaten to break away and set up their own league.

Big money is ruining the game and foI r one would back a wage cap to prevent all our money going to overpaid players, rather then into staduim and youth development to build an england team that will win the world cup. - ah I think thats another Blatter idea!

• Admin

Ah, I see possible inflicted changes on our national game by FIFA reducing our chances of reaching the Premiership is deemed worthy of being moved from the City forum, yet announcing you'll be going on holiday to America is worthy of remaining on there.

Maybe I'll post a message about a holiday to Austria later then :rolleyes:

Archived