IGNORED

Knightmare

mozo

First of all, when I was a kid I wasn't into painting Orks and Elves after a day shopping in Games Workshop...I was busy being a ladykilling heartbreaker, naturally :D .

My one geeky guilty pleasure was, however, the amazing kids game show Knightmare.

My memories:

Geeky kid in helmet (entering set): "Where am I?"

Three geeky kids in studio: "You're in a room..."

After some pointless investigation of a table and it's rubbish contents...

3 geeks: "Err...take three sidesteps to your left...err...no your right...I meant right!!!"

Geek in helmet is shown to sidstep off the precipice as illustrated by the pathetic special effects.

Of course the show would be nothing without the presentation skills of the bloke with the beard, who at some point decided to invite his androgynous elf-gimp onto the show.

The extras who made up the characters met by boy in helmet must have been the most desperate out of work theatre wannabes to grace our screens! Boy did they put the effort in though.

The faces that came out of the walls were just irritating - always doing boring quizzes: "truth or falsehood dungeoneers?.

The kids were sat there with their bloody clipboards, had a charity sent them in off the street?

There were different 'levels' and 'quests' but I'm fairly sure it was all arbitrary. I do recall a couple of times peple won the show, but it happened rarely.

How annoying was it when it finished!!? The screen froze and bell chimed and beardo ended the show with an annoying bit of gravel-voiced verbosity.

How did they make it? Anyone know of somebody who went on the show????

Fraid I couldn't tell you how they made it, but they didn't do it very well thats for sure. The beardo in the studio mumbles constant rubbish throughout whilst the kid in the helmet follows orders from the three annoying squeaky kids in the studio.

My memories:

Geeky kid in helmet (entering set): "Where am I?"

Three geeky kids in studio: "You're in a room..."

After some pointless investigation of a table and it's rubbish contents...

3 geeks: "Err...take three sidesteps to your left...err...no your right...I meant right!!!"

Geek in helmet is shown to sidstep off the precipice as illustrated by the pathetic special effects.

I remember one time where the special effects were so bad that the kid in the helmet was told to go to his right and read something inscribed on the wall there. He proceeded to turn to face the wall, and then walk straight through it. This was evidentally not meant to happen and all of the three kids in the studio turned to look at beardo. There was about 20 seconds of silence before beardo said something into his mouth piece (it was concealed in his beard) and the boy suddenly emerged from the wall and all was forgotten. Very funny.

I was on the Really Wild Show. Does that help? :pray:

Yes!!!

Was beardo a peedontrofist?

And aswell, Knightmare wasn't geeky, it's farkin cool although I never did figure out how you won and what actually happened once you did. Was all a bit harsh, one mistake and you're out. Survival of the fittest I spose.......

I know a guy that was on it. He said that each room they went in had to be setup one at a time as they only had one studio. So after spending 5 mins in one room they had to wait 2 hours whilst they configured the set again. They were there for 2 days filming. In the end the poor blighters didnt have the float spell for level five and got hit by a fireball. :doh:

She lives in South Africa, where she makes nature progammes I think.

Last time I saw her was at the opening of Dave & Busters at cribs. That was 9 years ago now though!

I know a guy that was on it. He said that each room they went in had to be setup one at a time as they only had one studio. So after spending 5 mins in one room they had to wait 2 hours whilst they configured the set again. They were there for 2 days filming. In the end the poor blighters didnt have the float spell for level five and got hit by a fireball. :doh:

They didn't get the float spell?! Idiots - surely that's the one spell you'd bank on needing.

Thanks for the insight brother, I always thought it would be dead boring to go on the show. You'd think the hands on role of donning the helmet would be better but shuffling and side-stepping your way round the same bloody room time and again would do your nut in.

Archived