IGNORED

Millwall

Guest citysnumber7

Guest citysnumber7

millwall have a fair few black players in thier team, yet they are slaighting other black teams, their is no need for racism in football, their shouldnt even be any violence. burnley mo camara has become the latest victim of millwall fans pointless accusations, sorry for any spelling mistakes, but I'm only young!!!!

Guest Red_Rat

Absoulutely, Millwall should be fined lots of money and deducted at least 8 points.

Its things like that, that prevent fans from coming to watch football anymore.

Guest citysnumber7

i totally agree with what you are saying, but i dont think that the club should suffer for the stupid antics of their fans, but if the board of directors allow this to carry on then i think it should be taken further, they should definatley ban the fans that are causing this mayhem.

Guest Red_Rat

Maybe the clubs suffering as a whole would make these fans listen,clearly they dont care about other human beings,but they obviously care alot about the club.

Banning these fans wouldn't work,as theres always others ready too step into their shoes.

I disagree. Millwall have done SO much to try and get rid of this kind of thing. Millwall's Kick It Out campaign is one of the best in the country- as acknowledged by co-founder Lord Ousley.

The club do loads of work in the community, they have black players, the players run around in "Kick It Out" t-shirts, they have the boards at the ground, the mesages on the website etc. What more can they do?

Millwall play in south east London- in an area that is not the best in the world. There is poverty, there are high numbers of colored people and there is racism. When you have 10,000 or so fans from an area like that- the chances are that one or two idiots will be racist. You should not punish the club for that.

Millwall have done a lot to combat racism and violence. Last season they introduced their membership card scheme that took 5,000 off every home game EASILY but they did it because they wanted to stamp out the problem. They stopped their fans from going to certain grounds and refused the custom of some fans going to theirs. Whether you think the action right or wrong- you have to admire Millwall's determination to get rid of the idiots in their fanbase who drag the club's name through the mud time and time again.

re: The Burnley game- 2 incidents were reported to police. 1 was a Millwall fan who abused a Scotsman (now if you take insults to Scottish/Welsh into racism category [which you can do quite logically] then we would have one of the worst racist records in the country) and 1 was by a Burnley fan who was ejected from the ground.

The booing of Mo Camara was due to a previous cup game. It was mis-reported. To be fair to Cardiff, they had the same problem a few years back when a Swansea player was chanted at with "You Jack Ba5t@rd"- this was misheard as 'black'.

Don't get me wrong- racism has no place in football- and football clubs have a responsibility to do all they can. But I strongly believe that Millwall are doing all they can to irradicate it. Help them, don't punish them.

Archived