IGNORED

Barlows On The Road

Chivs

When I go to AG I normally park on the Cumberland Road. For the Wednesday game I notice that there are now parking areas designated for Coaches. This is set out by white dashed lines with the word "Coaches" every so often.

Does anyone know the legality of these areas? I, like many others, decided to ignore the areas and park anyway (I don't drive a coach!). It's my contention that these areas are just fancy markings on the road with no basis for stopping cars parking there. However, I'm not sure if I'm sailing close to the wind. Anyone know the answer?

Guest lydneyred

Unfortunately, I think you will find that these bays are quite legal as and when the council and the police decide to use them.

9 times out of 10 they are unused but the police have in the past used them for the away coaches to park in and during the week for tour coaches.

Personally I would say avoid them in case the council get over zealous like Glos County Council do (who I work for) and tow you away!

Cost you over £100 to get the car back!

If anyone on here works for Bristol CC they might be able to find out for you, what they are used for and when, so you would know.

Guest lydneyred

Don't want to :clap::D

Only been back a week after the op and am bored totally.

Fed up already with watching the prisoners from HMP Gloucester being taken into court!!

Archived