IGNORED

Quotes From Gatepost

KingswoodRed

I was one of the lucky ones today who only recieved one copy of Gatepost through the door.

It made interesting reading I have to say, but not too much that maybe hasn't been said before here and in other forms of media.

I was wondering who else picked up on the following two statements from it.

1) "Luke does drift inside naturally, which is why he is so hard for defenders to pick up......."".......But I do feel that we need his services from the right flank, particularly as he will move into the centre at times anyway from a starting position on the wing. What the other players have to do is get their heads up and be more aware of where Luke is".

Now I will not critisise this, but I will take slight issue with it. If a player is asked to play right wing then his team mates will surely know where he is. If he 'drifts infield naturally' they then need to look up and search for him before passing.

Could this be one the reasons why the midfield has looked, and been so this-jointed this season?

2) "We need to make every game a cup final, knowing our opponents are likely to play above themselves because they are facing Bristol City".

Come on Danny, who you trying to kid?

We are not a high flying club, and haven't been for ages. We DO deserve to be where we are now because of that.

It is precisely that sort of attitude that keeps us where we are. Please do not flatter me like this in order to try and make me think differently.

As things stand we are an extremely average side playing in an incredibly mediocre division. Get over it.

In my opinion unless something infanately more positive comes from the club ie. loan signings or reshuffles, we are set for another season in Div 2 next year.

Good or bad, you decide.

I was one of the lucky ones today who only recieved one copy of Gatepost through the door.

It made interesting reading I have to say, but not too much that maybe hasn't been said before here and in other forms of media.

I was wondering who else picked up on the following two statements from it.

1) "Luke does drift inside naturally, which is why he is so hard for defenders to pick up......."".......But I do feel that we need his services from the right flank, particularly as he will move into the centre at times anyway from a starting position on the wing. What the other players have to do is get their heads up and be more aware of where Luke is".

Now I will not critisise this, but I will take slight issue with it. If a player is asked to play right wing then his team mates will surely know where he is. If he 'drifts infield naturally' they then need to look up and search for him before passing.

Could this be one the reasons why the midfield has looked, and been so this-jointed this season?

Yes it is! Last Season our team had a natural width. On the few occasions when murray did'nt appear to do much, he used to hug the touchline, which stretched the oppostions defence and created space for others. With Wilkshire on the right, I think this team will score few goals

Archived