IGNORED

Cotts

tommy doc

So, a dive then. I wouldn't be able to enjoy it had we got something from the game anyway.

Someone needs to have a word with him, he has a worrying tendancy to dive, and i don't want cheats at our club.

What about Jevons for the freekick he won on the edge of the area.

For the penalty the Blackpool player was silly geting that close to Cotterill once he had beaten him, but still a shameful dive, and shame on the ref for giving because I was a long way away ant it looked a blatent dive.

Sorry, has it been confirmed somewhere that Cotterill definitely wasn't clipped as he went past the defender.? :dunno:

The ref. and linesman were alot closer than you kit, so what's the problem?

Bad news that so many City fans look for the worst in, and are so quick to criticise Cotterill.

I was sat very close-by to the incident, looked like there was contact to me.

Cotts. played well when he came on, he's one of our only players with the pace and dribbling ability to get through opposition defences.

One of the very few players to emerge from today's shambles with any credit, he got City back in the game and yet it still seems he can do no right.

Hopefully it'll be a while until he's rested again, the present laborious City team desperately needs Cotterill, and hopefully Williams, in it.

Sorry, has it been confirmed somewhere that Cotterill definitely wasn't clipped as he went past the defender.? :dunno:

Bad news that so many City fans look for the worst in, and are so quick to criticise Cotterill.

I was sat very close-by to the incident, looked like there was contact to me.

Cotts. played well when he came on, he's one of our only players with the pace and dribbling ability to get through opposition defences.

One of the very few players to emerge from today's shambles with any credit, he got City back in the game and yet it still seems he can do no right.

Hopefully it'll be a while until he's rested again, the present laborious City team desperately needs Cotterill, and hopefully Williams, in it.

Well of the first four people to reply to this topic, four thought he'd dived, thats not conclusive proof but it's a pretty good indication that he did dive. And regardless of whether there was "some contact" it wasn't enough to knock a grown man to the floor.

Not looking for the worst in Cotterill, just really hate cheating and it's prevelance in the game, and don't want BCFC to be a part of it.

Football is a contact sport! Cotterill put both his legs together and decided that he was going to go down. I've seen him do it before when its been right in front of me, although he definately isn't a player that goes down all the time.

It's not a criticism of Cotterill because if you can get away with going down easily then go right ahead, if that penalty had been given against City I would have been fairly angry, but when it was given I cheered. I just think that it was a poor decision from a ref that other than one or two other minor incidents was one of the best I have seen down here in a long time.

Football is a contact sport! Cotterill put both his legs together and decided that he was going to go down. I've seen him do it before when its been right in front of me, although he definately isn't a player that goes down all the time.

It's not a criticism of Cotterill because if you can get away with going down easily then go right ahead, if that penalty had been given against City I would have been fairly angry, but when it was given I cheered. I just think that it was a poor decision from a ref that other than one or two other minor incidents was one of the best I have seen down here in a long time.

You cheered, even though you knew he'd dived?

You cheered, even though you knew he'd dived?

I was pleased we got a penalty. But I knew he dived and I don't want to see it in football. And I do believe that Cotterill shouldn't be pleased with himself for doing it.

I don't like cheats. But really the F.A should be the ones that are clamping down and punishing players for diving like that retrospectively, only problem is that you sit through football analysis after every game and you get the likes of Andy Gray saying contact so it must be a penalty and nothing will get done about it.

End of the day I want to see City winning more than anything else, I would much rather see them not cheating, as a neutral in any other game I am just disappointed that such crap decisions are given in football.

I was pleased we got a penalty. But I knew he dived and I don't want to see it in football. And I do believe that Cotterill shouldn't be pleased with himself for doing it.

I don't like cheats. But really the F.A should be the ones that are clamping down and punishing players for diving like that retrospectively, only problem is that you sit through football analysis after every game and you get the likes of Andy Gray saying contact so it must be a penalty and nothing will get done about it.

End of the day I want to see City winning more than anything else, I would much rather see them not cheating, as a neutral in any other game I am just disappointed that such crap decisions are given in football.

We will only be able to rid football of diving if we are prepared to lambast our own players who cheat, and not just the Cristiano Ronaldo's of football. Cotts needs to be told (by the boss, an experienced player or even by the crowd) that it's not on.

Archived