IGNORED

Johnson - Nul Points

italian dave

If we could score the manager as well as the players, I'd give Johnson one big fat Zero today.

As has been commented on this forum in recent weeks, Cole Skuse has been outstanding as a deep midfield player who can tackle and break up opposing teams' moves. With him playing in hat position we have looked so much stronger at defensively, and teams don't simply run straight through our defence the way they used to. Until today. We had two passers in midfield, but no ball winners, no-one to stop Blackpool's breaks in midfield - and all to accomodate, apparently, Mr G's son.

It was so obvious to everyone - in he Dolman at least - that we thought half time would bring the obvious change, moving Skuce back into the centre. But oh no!!!

At the same time, another midfield position is occupied by our current on form striker!! Again, apparently, to accomodate an out of form Brooker, who is to Gary Johnson what Lee Peacock was to Danny Wilson. Nothing against Brooker, who's been a great palyer for this club, but his current form is woeful and Enoch's looking sharp.

And as for the final substitution, what was that about?? Let's leave a player on with blood pouring out of his head and use his obvious replacement elsewhere!! Shambolic.

At the end of last season we had a side that was as good as any in the division. We, rightly, strengthened it with a new striker, and unusually for City did so early in the close season. So why the complete reorganisation of the side now?? Why break up the Skuce/Noble pairing - a ball winner and a passer, the right combination.

I wouldn't blame any of the players today - and I thought some had ggod games. However, even Enoch had better watch out if Mrs Johnson decides she wants a game next week

Cole Skuse has been outstanding as a deep midfield player who can tackle and break up opposing teams' moves

I don't know where this myth came from about Cole Skuse's performances. It has been dreadful in the pre season and in the league. In the S****horpe match I counted the number of times Skuse tackled, passed or was passed to and it is almost in single figures with very few attempted tackles and no successful ones. In fact today I didn't realise he was out of position because he played in exactly in the same way. He wanders up and down the field about 5 yards before or after the ball and doesn't get involved in the game. After 30 mins today he had touched the ball 12 times and one of those was to pick the ball up for a free kick. Pretty well all his passes were short and behind.

However the most significant aspect of his performance is that the other City players ignore him. Today he had 2 passes from City players in the first 30 mins and that was when he was the only one available.

One thing he does do with aplomb is to often point at no one in particular and to occasionaly clap his hands.

In other words City play as 10 men, which explains something about of their performances.

Please take a City video and check in more detail his contribution.

Cole Skuse has been outstanding as a deep midfield player who can tackle and break up opposing teams' moves

I don't know where this myth came from about Cole Skuse's performances. It has been dreadful in the pre season and in the league. In the S****horpe match I counted the number of times Skuse tackled, passed or was passed to and it is almost in single figures with very few attempted tackles and no successful ones. In fact today I didn't realise he was out of position because he played in exactly in the same way. He wanders up and down the field about 5 yards before or after the ball and doesn't get involved in the game. After 30 mins today he had touched the ball 12 times and one of those was to pick the ball up for a free kick. Pretty well all his passes were short and behind.

However the most significant aspect of his performance is that the other City players ignore him. Today he had 2 passes from City players in the first 30 mins and that was when he was the only one available.

One thing he does do with aplomb is to often point at no one in particular and to occasionaly clap his hands.

In other words City play as 10 men, which explains something about of their performances.

Please take a City video and check in more detail his contribution.

Do you have precise figures on all the players?

Archived