IGNORED

Johnson's Post Match Press Confrence

Dannycidered03

Agreed,

I respect a man who will admit to his mistakes, and like you pointed out as long as he never stick's skuse on right wing. I swear Mr Johnson had a headache when he named squad to the officials hence why he had to put skus eon right wing :laugh:.

Anyway fair play Johnson for saying it as i would say it. I'll respect him for that, hope it changes alot on Tuesday as i do fancy a long cup run, do a millwall a few years ago and end in Europe! (i know very optimistic!) but it's achieveable if the lads work together and have a good dressing room atmosphere

Actual statement was:

Gary Johnson admitted some strong words had been said in the home dressing room after the 4-2 defeat to Blackpool at Ashton Gate.

Two goals from Enoch Showunmi was not enough for Bristol City at Ashton Gate as Scott Vernon, Michael Jackson, Keigan Parker and Danny Graham all found the net to earn Blackpool their first win of the season.

Afterwards Gary told Bristol City World: "There were some strong words said in the dressing room because we didn't perform. It was fair the crowd turned on us.

Gary Johnson

World TV: Gary Johnson

"We hold our hands up and say (to the fans) you're right and look to turn it round for them. As individuals and as a team we didn't perform."

Cole Skuse was used on the right-wing for the first time in his career and Gary commented: "It sounded like a good idea at the time.

"As a manager you select a tactic, work on it all week and sometimes see the opposition tear it to shreds.

"We thought Enoch Showunmi would get forward and get goals, so it was a bit of a 4-3-3. If Enoch got forward then we had our right midfielder tucked in.

"It didn't quite work out today. It didn't really go through midfield, their goals were hooked on and they caught us high up the field.

City 2-4 Blackpool

Blackpool celebrate 4-2 win

"We didn't get our foot on the ball, feed and dictate the game like we should have done."

City were booed off at the end, with some fans throwing comments the manager's way.

Gary added: "It's a long time since the team have played like that and a long time since the fans have reacted like that."

The club's medical team will assess Louis Carey (head), Bradley Orr (hamstring), Jamie McAllister (foot) and Jamie McCombe (thigh) tomorrow.

But Scott Murray was not injured and Gary added: "Scott needed to build his confidence back up and was in the reserves in midweek.

"I was pleased with how Dave Cotterill played when he came on and when Scott gets back in the team he can do a job, because it can't get any worse."

Meanwhile, Gary confirmed goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey has returned to Wolves after injuring his shoulder in training late on Friday afternoon. "We'll be looking for another keeper as soon as possible," said the manager.

City were booed off at the end, with some fans throwing comments the manager's way.

No, he really did say, (reading between the lines) we were S""t, and he hope's to nip it in the bud sooner, rather than later!!.

He'll be watching the match video tomorrow, so he hopes to change things around for Tuesday!!.

Then a Gloucestershire Old Spot pig was seen flying over BS3 heading North!!.

:farmer:

Archived