IGNORED

Gary Johnson

tower crane red

:doh: gary johnson today show him self to be tacticaly inept by playing players out of position and out of form.since when has cole skuse been a right sided mid-field player capable of going past players and delivering crosses for the front men not skuses fault he played where gj asked him to play of which gave us no width on the right.enoch despite his 2 goals is no left sided mid-field player he left us exsposed every time he wnet forward and left woodman with 2 players to deal with every time.basso well ask your self was phillips any worse ,a big no to that one.steve brooker played 4 games 4 poor games and still stays on the pitch ,gj said players will get in on current form well what form is brooker showing. and should have the captaincy taken from him for starters how can u enspire team mates when youre having a mare yore self and regularly.all formations and tactics wer chosen by gj against a side that hadn't scored or won a game this season,the games to come don't offer much hope and its lucky rotherham had 10 points deducted or we could be near the bottom again,the team is now gj side so no excuses of the players being any one elses apart from the odd on 1or 2,i ask you how many of you would of picked that side today ,not one i expect

post-3011-1156014845.jpg

:doh: gary johnson today show him self to be tacticaly inept by playing players out of position and out of form.since when has cole skuse been a right sided mid-field player capable of going past players and delivering crosses for the front men not skuses fault he played where gj asked him to play of which gave us no width on the right.enoch despite his 2 goals is no left sided mid-field player he left us exsposed every time he wnet forward and left woodman with 2 players to deal with every time.basso well ask your self was phillips any worse ,a big no to that one.steve brooker played 4 games 4 poor games and still stays on the pitch ,gj said players will get in on current form well what form is brooker showing. and should have the captaincy taken from him for starters how can u enspire team mates when youre having a mare yore self and regularly.all formations and tactics wer chosen by gj against a side that hadn't scored or won a game this season,the games to come don't offer much hope and its lucky rotherham had 10 points deducted or we could be near the bottom again,the team is now gj side so no excuses of the players being any one elses apart from the odd on 1or 2,i ask you how many of you would of picked that side today ,not one i expect

My sentiments entirely - the bloke is a waste of space !

Managers at all levels try new formations and move players out of their nautral positions when they should know better. Ferguson, Mourinho, Jol et al have all experimented in the past and its gone wrong.

As long as GJ learns from this game and doesnt make the same mistake again that will do me. Most people know that he is definitely one of the better managers in the lower leagues. 2 promotions in his last 3 seasons at Yeovil isnt a bad achievement and considering how well he did last year we shouldnt be calling for his head quite yet.

Managers at all levels try new formations and move players out of their nautral positions when they should know better. Ferguson, Mourinho, Jol et al have all experimented in the past and its gone wrong.

As long as GJ learns from this game and doesnt make the same mistake again that will do me. Most people know that he is definitely one of the better managers in the lower leagues. 2 promotions in his last 3 seasons at Yeovil isnt a bad achievement and considering how well he did last year we shouldnt be calling for his head quite yet.

Agreed, I don't think he will try it again, and now i've calmed down a bit, it is only the forth game and we have plenty of time to sort it. We don't need any new players i don't think, just need to make better use out of the players we have got. But it was inevitable I suppose, this has been Gary Johnsons biggest mistake so far, and despite what people say he hasn't made many, it happens to the best of them....

Don't be so blind, today formation change was nothing more than a excuse to fit his boy in to the starting eleven :ranting:

He put his son before the club, I'm not blaming LJ as he played okay but that formation was just bizzare. Skuse on the right, Showumni on the left :dunno:

Don't be so blind, today formation change was nothing more than a excuse to fit his boy in to the starting eleven :ranting:

He put his son before the club, I'm not blaming LJ as he played okay but that formation was just bizzare. Skuse on the right, Showumni on the left :dunno:

I agree, the reason for the formation change was to accommodate LJ but hopefully he will learn that playing Skuse on the right doesnt work and that Noble and LJ don't compliment each other.

However i will reserve judgment until i come back from Cheltenham on Tuesday. If he chooses a similar team, which i very much doubt he will, and they play badly i will agree with the OP to a certain extent. Its when he

plays the same team and continues to lose that we should become worried.

Did anyone really think we would walk the league?

who says he's a good manager at this level? He's never managed at this level before.

He has got his own team/squad now and the performances/results are as bad as ever.

Can't keep blaming everyone but himself, where's the hand grenade? Can't be used because Phillips &

Stewart have already been forced out. Who's next?

The man is tacticly niave, makes wholesale changes, plays players out of form/position.

Gary is going for the losing record again 3 down and counting.

I agree, the reason for the formation change was to accommodate LJ but hopefully he will learn that playing Skuse on the right doesnt work and that Noble and LJ don't compliment each other.

However i will reserve judgment until i come back from Cheltenham on Tuesday. If he chooses a similar team, which i very much doubt he will, and they play badly i will agree with the OP to a certain extent. Its when he

plays the same team and continues to lose that we should become worried.

Did anyone really think we would walk the league?

I'm not getting at you AB but surely he didnt need to play Skuse on the right wing to know it wasnt going to work? Whats next McCombe centre forward :w00t:

who says he's a good manager at this level? He's never managed at this level before.

He has got his own team/squad now and the performances/results are as bad as ever.

Can't keep blaming everyone but himself, where's the hand grenade? Can't be used because Phillips &

The man is tacticly niave, makes wholesale changes, plays players out of form/position.

Agreed !

I'm just as disappointed as you, but get real, he made a mistake today, he accepted it and hopefully won't do it again. The players against Bradford and Huddersfield were more to blame, granted today was tactically wrong and they struggled but he will put it right. What are you suggesting, a new manager? yeh like thats going to do the team any good.

Perhaps the problem is that we have a large squad of ordinary players, with too many in some positions, not enough in others, leading to continual chopping and changing to keep players involved, and a lack of continuity. And what happened in training on Friday for us to pick up so many injuries?

Perhaps the problem is that we have a large squad of ordinary players, with too many in some positions, not enough in others, leading to continual chopping and changing to keep players involved, and a lack of continuity. And what happened in training on Friday for us to pick up so many injuries?

Not sure I agree Chappers. We had a great run last year and we lost Bas Savage and gained Jevo, Enoch, McCombe, McAllister, Johnson Jnr - I think we have every right to be optimistic as we have the players OK. The chopping and changing thing just drives me crackers though - he wants to be judged over 10 games but some of the players only have one or two!

I must admit i didnt read the first post in this thread(1 big block of letters), but i got the gist of it.

Can I point people to the classic threads section of this forum, so you can read the 'Gary Johnson-Conference manager' thread.

The season is still very young.

Yes the last 3 results havent been good, but can I remind people that its a Snickers not a Marathon. :ph34r:

I beleive we will come good.

Everyone keep the faith, but then again, if you don't, who else are you going to support?

Whoa whoa whoa.

I came away from the Gate seething as bad as the other 10k there today. But from readin GJs comments, what he was trying made more sense, he was trying to play a 4-3-3 but not quite so attacking so Enoch still had to defend. If you consider they were supposedly the worst side in our league, and we think we are one of the top 3 that makes a decent bit of sense. What it ignores is that our defence were playing in concrete boots, and that blackpool were a lot better than GJ gave them credit for.

GJ comes out of today with no credit as he misread the opposition and was let down by his own players, mainly the defenders, but for now lets not go further than that.

Archived