IGNORED

Lee Johnson

jackorack

I would like to think GJ has the integrity to deal with his son the same as any other player.

It would be interesting to hear a Yeovil fans point of view on this.

If anyone genuinely believes that Gary Johnson would threaten the team spirit he appears to have developed in the short time he's been at City just to accommodate his son then think again. Sure he wasn't dropped or substituted very often at Yeovil but that was because he was one of our more impressive players.

Ignore the Hearts debacle which was mainly political and remember that club is run in a very strange manner indeed. He was a fantastic servant for Yeovil despite the jibes he got from a small minority of fans. He didn't look out of place in the big games we played and fitted in well with a team ethic.

I would also take the "drinking" episode with a pinch of salt. Doesn't sound like the Lee Johnson I know.

I would like to think GJ has the integrity to deal with his son the same as any other player.

It would be interesting to hear a Yeovil fans point of view on this.

As A Yeovil fan, I did say a perhaps it was not that wise to bring LJ to City. Nothing wrong with the guy, he is a very good footballer. The problem is, and always has been that the father/son relationship creates difficulties on a number of levels. From experience I know that from a manager/parent level the difficulties are easy to observe. If you have children you will know the answer. If you don't, then its a case of you are bound to want to play your sibling and may not see his shortcomings. I cannot remember one occasion when LJ was subbed at Yeovil even when he had the rare mare of a game, that created many problems with supporters goading GJ, and his reaction to those supporters was vocal and angry. On another level this situation could create problems on a player/player level. Then there is the managers son/supporter level. Its very offensive when LJ was having a bad game to hear people shouting to GJ to get your bloody son off, rather than, get Johnson off. Lee is a good player, it happened rarely, but it did happen, and that from some rather mindless supporters that seemed to pick on LJ for even the one misplaced pass.

I believe that GJ has made a cardinal error in bringing Lee to City, as LJ may well be the scapegoat and this will hurt GJ deeply, as all comments did (and should) when directed at LJ whilst at Yeovil, and I believe that this was one important reason for Gary leaving.

My advice to you guys is that if you want to keep GJ then hope that your supporters leave the son well alone otherwise I believe the first wheel on the wagon may well start to loosen. Good luck anyway.

what right as johnson got to play to day?

I mean hes been here less than two weeks and gets in to the squad staright away, while the others had to go through pre season training to fight for their place. Its just not right.

He cant even get into the hearts side!!!!!

So by that token, if Thierry Henry was signed (extremely hypothetical) would you make him sit on the bench for a couple of weeks before playing him? Just because he hasn't trained pre-season? I think not.

Have a sleep then read this thread again. It seems from some posters that he was one of the better performers on the day, but like his time at Yeovil, he is the obvious scapegoat when you lose because he is the manager's son.

Lee Johnson had a decent game in isolation and may well become a really good City player. If Daddy felt he was good enough he should have put him in instead of one of our central midfield players and kept the rest of the side the same.

We have Noble/Russell/Skuse who play pretty well in midfield - it wouldn't hurt to have Lee Johnson as well as McAllister on the bench for 5 or 6 games before changing things around.

Johnson Snr doesn't want to drop Brooker - so if we did sign Henry would he move Brooker to right wing to accommodate? That's more or less what happened today.

Archived