IGNORED

Alex Russell

BristolCity1992

Anyone want to tell me what he has done wrong?

Thought he was great at the end of last season and deserves to be in the first x1.

Before you ask if we play a 4 man midfield this would be it for me.

Cotts - Noble - Russell - Brown

Thank you.

Oh and as for today, anyone elses journey home in total scilence. Don't think I said a word.

I'd play him.

-----------------------------------Basso------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orr-----------Carey--------------------------Fontaine----------Woodman

Cotterill-------------Russell-----------Noble---------------------Mcallister

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------Jevons-----Showunmi--------------------------------

Subs:

keeper

skuse

johnson

williams

brooker

I'd play him.

-----------------------------------Basso------------------------------------

Orr-----------Carey--------------------------Fontaine----------Woodman

Cotterill-------------Russell-----------Noble---------------------Mcallister

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------Jevons-----Showunmi--------------------------------

Subs:

keeper

skuse

johnson

williams

brooker

That would be one good team except the dodgy keeper though :)

I really don't think today Gj needed to make the changes he did. Our only problem before today was a leeky and fragile midfield, defensivly. To accomodate Lee Johnson we had to make changes, and the change was to move Skuse to the right (where he was clearly not comfortable). This caused us to look lobsided and uneasy.

All we had to do was replace the lad with Alex Russell and put either Mr.Murray or Cotts on the wing.

Alex Russell is a hard worker who does a very simple job. Linking the defence and midfield.

Breaks down opposition attacks, keeps it simple and picks the ball up and makes simple passes. A steady, experienced imfluence in the midfield. He can be the base of this team, and i for one would like to see him back in the side.

I really don't think today Gj needed to make the changes he did. Our only problem before today was a leeky and fragile midfield, defensivly. To accomodate Lee Johnson we had to make changes, and the change was to move Skuse to the right (where he was clearly not comfortable). This caused us to look lobsided and uneasy.

All we had to do was replace the lad with Alex Russell and put either Mr.Murray or Cotts on the wing.

Alex Russell is a hard worker who does a very simple job. Linking the defence and midfield.

Breaks down opposition attacks, keeps it simple and picks the ball up and makes simple passes. A steady, experienced imfluence in the midfield. He can be the base of this team, and i for one would like to see him back in the side.

Well said.The back end of last season when we were flying our game was based around the stength of the central midfielders Russell and Nobel lost only a couple in 20 or so games.Why when we were going so well has he had to change it.Also I think Russell is a good talker and organizer in the middle with a lot of experience to help the young lads.I wonder if he does'nt get a chance soon and with who he has bought in how long before Russell is on his way.

Well said.The back end of last season when we were flying our game was based around the stength of the central midfielders Russell and Nobel lost only a couple in 20 or so games.Why when we were going so well has he had to change it.Also I think Russell is a good talker and organizer in the middle with a lot of experience to help the young lads.I wonder if he does'nt get a chance soon and with who he has bought in how long before Russell is on his way.

I suggest Alex tries changing his surname to Johnson - he'll be straight back in the side...

If he swallows a little bit of pride, he'l drop Noble.

If he swallows a lot of pride, he'l drop Lee.

If he doesnt, then they will be there on Tuesday, in my opinion.

Drop Noble? No he shouldn't, drop Lee Johnson, yes he should! :pray: Will he, I doubt it! Noble & Russell should be the first choice pairing. I can't see how LJ is any better than what we have already. Why imbalance the side just to accommodate him? :dunno:

Drop Noble? No he shouldn't, drop Lee Johnson, yes he should! :pray: Will he, I doubt it! Noble & Russell should be the first choice pairing. I can't see how LJ is any better than what we have already. Why imbalance the side just to accommodate him? :dunno:

don't get me wrong mate, i don't want Noble dropped, all I'm sayin is that he will not drop his son before others (in my opinion) it will be noble who is sacrafised i think. But il wait and see

Russell I think is 34 this season and Murray 33. GJ seems to be looking to the future, as they are both out of contract next year. GJ may just see them as reliable experianced bench options, whilst he builds his younger team.

Having said that, Russell like Tinnion has always been a fitness fanatic with a clean lifestyle. Those types of player can still offer a lot into their mid 30's, especially in this division. I think Russell and Noble are our best pairing with Skuse Brown and Artus as back up. Johnson was never required and is another 100k+ on the wage bill we could do without

Archived