IGNORED

If They Deserve It, Then Let Them Have It !

surreyred

Did not go to the game yesteday (was working as usual on a Saturday) so the only view i have on the game was the bbc text commentry and the contents of this forum.

However it is very clear that GJ got it seriously wrong, and some players are simply not up to it at the moment.

For my money they deserved every boo they got, and be should not be worried about letting the team, and manager know when they are letting us down. We should not tolerate under performance.

We are (usually) a pretty easy going bunch in the west county, and this has been a good part of our clubs problem for years, in that we have too easily accepted second best. We need to start demanding higher standards from both manager and players.

However the flip side of this is that we still need to support the club, and be prepared to take a long term view of a situation. Newcastle fans have this balance. As i said GJ deserved everything he got yesterday, but now has to be given the chance to sort it out.

The attacks that have appeared against the chairman and others are not relevent to yesterdays loss and do nothing to help.

Warnock took 7 years to get Sheffield United promoted, Burley took nearly as long to get Ipswich in the top division, and the last time we got into the top division we had a long serving manager.

When our teams lets us down we should not be scared of "letting them have it", but we still need to support and take a long term view, and not aim attacks at those who did not underperform.

Did not go to the game yesteday (was working as usual on a Saturday) so the only view i have on the game was the bbc text commentry and the contents of this forum.

However it is very clear that GJ got it seriously wrong, and some players are simply not up to it at the moment.

For my money they deserved every boo they got, and be should not be worried about letting the team, and manager know when they are letting us down. We should not tolerate under performance.

We are (usually) a pretty easy going bunch in the west county, and this has been a good part of our clubs problem for years, in that we have too easily accepted second best. We need to start demanding higher standards from both manager and players.

However the flip side of this is that we still need to support the club, and be prepared to take a long term view of a situation. Newcastle fans have this balance. As i said GJ deserved everything he got yesterday, but now has to be given the chance to sort it out.

The attacks that have appeared against the chairman and others are not relevent to yesterdays loss and do nothing to help.

Warnock took 7 years to get Sheffield United promoted, Burley took nearly as long to get Ipswich in the top division, and the last time we got into the top division we had a long serving manager.

When our teams lets us down we should not be scared of "letting them have it", but we still need to support and take a long term view, and not aim attacks at those who did not underperform.

So why isn't Smith, Osman, Ward or Wilson still here?

And one more season and Danny Wilson WOULD got us up for sure..........

Archived